8.61 - 8.64 are a
series of bug fix updates that came out in rapid succession. 8.64 in
all probability is the last release of the 8.x run.
Austin's words on 8.64
New little tweaks and refinements for
- Some scenery-rendering on Mars fixed.
New little tweaks and refinements for 8.63:
- Engine thrust from throttle settings over 100% is now allowed.
- Correct coloring of the sectional chart in all cases.
New little tweaks and refinements for 8.62:
- 8.61 ran a bit slower than 8.60... 8.62 has now recovered all of
- Magenta course line appears on the Garmin 430.
- No more objects moving around when approaching airports from
- Sectional map colors now better.
- The plugin menu won't move to the right when a developer reloads
- Flight on Mars won't cause crashes any more... other than the
New little tweaks and refinements for 8.61:
- X-Plane now warns if taxiway layout lacks closing code
- No more crash when snow is shown on custom polygons
- Layer group is now fixed for .pol files
- Beziers are now being rotated at scenery shift!
- Objects now lay flat even when scenery shifts, no longer in air
- Split beziers work in airports
- Airplane objects no longer use extra memory
- High detailed world defaulted to OFF, safer for users with buggy
- Place at airport should work properly now, all the time
- FMS uses FLCH to make altitude changes, which avoids stalls
- Individual prop, throttle, and mixture controls now work.
- Dry lake bed and gravel helipads are now available
- Bogus airport polygon terrain types are now removed.
- Taxiway signs: hazard-sign added, no-entry-sign corrected
- A few more plugin datarefs have been added
- Multiple v7-style lights in an OBJ - now they ALL show!
- V8 objects with lots of lights show them ALL now - sometimes
lights were missing before.
Version 8 Overview
to the history page