8.11 is a small update to 8.10, with a
handful of new features and some bug fixes.
Here is the new stuff for 8.11 since 8.10:
- New "cyclic with speed" option in Plane-Maker to get the Chinooks
perfect.. or any other helo that wants automatic cyclic control with
- New "lock tailwheel with stick" option in the special
controls screen in Plane-Maker... pull the stick full aft to lock the
tailwheel, as in the old WW-2 birds.
- Cloud refinements: Both low and high Cirrus cloud types
are now available.
- Mouse-control region is now ok at hi resolutions.
- No more semi-transparent horizon in the 3-d cockpits.
- More precision in placement of speedbrakes
and gear doors in Plane-Maker.
- Ctrl-\ works for keyboard access to the
- Fuel flow more accurate for jets at high altitude.
- ALL artificial horizons and HSIs now show pitch and roll and
heading in replay.
- The heading HOLD select and heading SYNC knobs are now
swapped left/right on the directional gyros to match more planes.
- The +/- keys are back to doing ZOOM, not MOVE, in the
"@" view. Why? Because I like it a lot more this way.
- It's OK to have garmin 430s and also generic fms's and gps's all
in the same cockpit now... that could cause problems before.
- See the artificial stability screen in Plane-Maker: You
can control the FADEC constants now as well.
- Minor refinement on NAVAID ranges.
- Autopilot altitude annunciators stay lit after the
altitude is acquired.
- Further autopilot tweaks to smooth the response out in
turbulence, and give more accuracy and authority.
- Com radio and transponder frequencis are now stored in
movies, sent to the insturctor console, etc.
to the history page