More minor features
and bug fixes...
NEW STUFF FOR X-Plane 8.06:
- The total-energy variometer is now based on INDICATED airspeed,
not true groundspeed; this is the way real total-energy varios work.
- The visual flight model ('/' key a few times to see it
in different levels) now shows the PROPELLER forces per element... it's
cool to see the varying lift distributions on helicopters and VTOLS when
they are moving forwards rapidly, creating all sorts of strange
- Control systems with artificial stability can "flutter"
at low frame-rates. While this can never be totally avoided (you need
some speed to run a flight-control computer!) the worst-case flutter
condition has been considerably reduced, improving low-frame-rate
artificial stability, of course with no detriment to the high-frame-rate
- New joystick buttons options: speedbrakes retract 1
notch, speedbrakes extend one notch... as well, if you hit the retract
button when the brakes are already retracted, the brakes go the
- Set the initial THROTTLE now in the map view when
placing aircraft by clicking on the various maps. Kind of nice.
- Elec system: The battery voltage indicators now
indicate the bus voltage, as in the real airplane... Turning on the
generators will show a higher voltage if the generators are able to turn
out more voltage than the battery... this is dependant on whether the
generators are on, the engine they are connected to is turning fast
enough, and they have not broken!
- Mods to the GPS NMEA output should allow altitude
display on more receivers.
- bug-fix: ADF 1/2 really does show both ADG-1 and ADF-2!
- bug-fix: sim could crash in certain weather
conditions... fixed now
- bug fix: if you select the "get lost" menu item when on
mars, then (you guessed it) you get lost on Mars
- bug-fix: fewer (if any) "bumpy runways"
to the history page