Note: 7.16, 7.20, 7.21, and 7.30 came out in rapid
succession as Austin was trying to get a version stabilized for CD
distribution. Each has some problems; depending on your system and
preferences one may be better than the others.
NEW STUFF FOR 7.30
7.30 mostly looks pretty solid. However, there have been some
complaints about the FMS. Also, 7.30 does not run on OSX Macintoshes
with 8MB of VRAM.
- Instrument panels may be any size up to 1024x1024 now!
Simply draw the custom panels that big, and hit the up and down arrows
to scroll up or down... very easy! Now you can really do those detailed
systems... and set the res of X-Plane to 1024x1024 to see EVERYTHING
when you fly, if you like! (and you can enter a default offset in the
VIEWPOINT window to get the default offset where you like)
- 20 fuselage sections now available rather than 12. Now you
can really get more detail into your fuselages! The new fuselage
sections and instrument panel size really lets us get our planes more
detailed... ALL WITH 100% COMPATIBILITY WITH EXISTING AIRCRAFT.
- Now you can select angular weapon offsets in
Plane-Maker... In reality, all those helos aim the missiles up a bit.
- Body volume in Plane-Maker visible for all bodies.
- Transponder continues to set the ID variable flashing as
it replies, whether there is a transponder on the cockpit or not, for
cockpit builders, plugin-users, etc, who could use that data.
- You see silouettes of craft if you are really
looking into the sun
- Data output: Now you can also output aileron-set 2.
The data output order has been re-organized a bit for clarity... the UDP
numbers are now shifted around a bit! ...And, you can now send in the
direct, final flight controls via UDP to control each individual flight
control on the plane! As soon as you send in a flight control variable,
the regular control assignment will be bypassed and you can control each
flight conrol surface.
- Panel Import in Plane-Maker now imports the various panel
custom limits as well.
- More precise distance measuring on the GPS system
- ADF dip error! Both aircraft pitch and roll cause ADF
errors since the ADF antenna cannot swing in any axis except heading. 90
degree pitches and rolls can result in errors of up to 90 degrees, as
in the real plane.
- Side views do not look down just because a big panel is
- Smarter, faster, more robust real-weather file
- Custom scenery should not eat the plane wheels and the
- Panel-Editing possible in Plane-Maker when panel is
scrolled, both Mac and Windows.
- You can enter custom angles of up to 9999 degress for
indicators that wrap around many, many times to go to full-scale.
- Ramp starting points rotate visually in World-Maker.
- World-Maker will automatically create a new custom
folder for you so you can save any new scenery easily... very convenient!
- Custom-Sound-Finding and World-Maker object-selection
bugs fixed, and scenery-load a bit faster on multi-processor machines.
- Runway lites come on without you having to ask ATC.
- Old custom sound paths supported.
- ATC properly reports tanker location and heading and
altitude even if you just changed it in the "other planes" window.
Version 7 Overview
Back to the history page