Note: 7.16, 7.20, 7.21, and 7.30 came out in rapid succession as Austin was trying to get a version stabilized for CD distribution. Each has some problems; depending on your system and preferences one may be better than the others.NEW STUFF FOR 7.21
In 7.21 WorldMaker cannot edit obstacles.
- Go to the set weather screen and go to the SPACE tab... now turn on the AURORA BOREALIS... head north and I think you will like what you see!
- NEW SOUND DIRECTORIES! YOU MUST USE THIS DIRECTORY STRUCTURE ON CUSTOM PLANES TO GET THEIR CUSTOM SOUNDS TO BE USED. THIS IS TO BETTER CLEAN UP AND ORGANIZE THE SOUNDS. See the Kingair, Boeing 747, and Bombardier CL-415 for some examples.
- Some new improved engine sounds... LOOK IN THE KINGAIR FOLDER, AND INSIDE OF THAT THE SOUNDS FOLDER. This is how you can customize your engine and prop sounds for each engine on the plane.
- New engine option: ducted fans... for lift fans, low-end thrust, and fenestron tail rotors. Set this in Plane-Maker Engine screen, tab 2, by specifying if any given prop is ducted.
- Bucketed custom objects for higher frame-rate with lots of custom objects...
- Also faster init and env-shift.
- FMS only loads in altitude if the HSI is set to GPS or CDU.
- Constant-Mach props are tuned... they properly feather and reverse, and track their Mach number better.
- As well, reverse thrust is more accurate on ALL the prop planes.
- Wings and stabs and stuff pivot about the 50% chord now, not the 25% chord, as they usually do in real planes.
- Correct tower handoff after ILS, flight-plan filing, etc.
- NAVAIDS should work on all OS's.
Version 7 Overview
Back to the history page