As far as I can tell, there never was an official final version of 6.60. The last version, posted for several weeks, was labeled Release Candidate 3 and was never announced as officially completed on the X-Plane main page. Here's what you got...
Version 6 Overview
- New plugins support! This makes every aspect of the sim customizeable and controllable!
- New Airport and NAVAID databases... the databse is updated and refined as always!
- Scenery enhancement... in addition to the vector rivers, roads go cleverly around airports now.. no more roads crossing through runways!
- "C" key to bring up sectional chart (you asked for it, you got it!)
- FADEC failures now available! This is something the FAA wanted for the FAA-cert use... you get the benefit!
- All failures now outputtable by UDP selection! For thos eof you building your own cockpits with multiple computers, you can now set failures from a different failure computer.
- DME is now avail to carriers and frigates... get ready for those tricky ILS-DME's to the boat for a trap or hover-landing!
- Beta prop option in plane-maker to get that beta-range in props just right. Again, an FAA need for certification.
- World-Maker auto-grid option stays away from the env edges so the env edges are always perfect.
- In Plane-Maker, put the new water gage in the supplementary folder on the panel of your water bomber... then skim the ocean to pick up water to drop on fires! This has been a frequent request.
- World-Maker apt/nav search improved... it now finds apt and nav IDs of even non-standard length.
- Support for more Mac-OS-X joysticks. This has been an ongoing effort as more sticks get supported by Apple's new OS in different ways, but this works with every stick we have tested!
- More fine-tune control over the view in World-Maker when using the SHIFT +/-/arrows to really get those runways positioned perfectly.
- No more crashing when pulling the mixture on lift-fans.
- Cars and houses and stuff do not turn on their lites quite so easily.. they WERE turning on their lites even on a cloudy day.
- The FMS now can handle airport and NAV ID's of any number of letters.
- Res-setting (or not) option on Windows version operative.
Back to the history page