1973 Los Angeles
Many on the job training seminars and courses.
Self educated / trained in many areas.
MCPA – Microsoft Certified Products Specialist
A+ Core Service Technician Examination
A+ Microsoft Windows and DOS Environments Specialty Examination
Implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows 95 Examination
Servicing Compaq Products
Compaq Server Diagnostics
DOD Security Cleared in past.
DEC Alpha, DEC VAX's, Compaq CPU’s, SUN Sparc , Ultra &
DEC/Unix, Tru64 Unix, SunOS, Solaris, Linux, MS Windows 95, 98, me, XP, Windows NT & 2000 servers, TCP/IP, DNS, bind, NFS, Korn Shell, C shell, Advfs, Veritas Disk & Volume Manager, Apache web Server, Sendmail, CommuniGate Mail Server, Veritas NetBackup, Legato Networker, Ultrix, VMS, VMS clustering, HPUX.
depth Information Technology experience, including:
* 5 years of 2nd level Unix administration/software support.
* Highly proficient TCP/IP expertise.
* Proficient Korn and C shell scripting capabilities.
* Self-taught exposure to Linux operating system.
* Partial list of client account at end of resume for review.
March 16, 2001 to Present :
* Resolved problems on window systems for Friends, Family, and Boy Scouts.
* Produced a monthly news letter with Microsoft Publisher.
* Maintained a Home network of a Windows 2000 advanced server, Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows XP, Fedora Linux, Solaris UNIX, Red hat Linux, router, wireless network and a Cisco switch.
* Also installed and learned many other products.
* Attended user group meetings and Microsoft Tech events.
February 2000 Interactive Search inc. (isearch)
To March 16, 2001 UNIX and Microsoft server System Administrator
* Managed 8 Alpha/Tru64 UNIX systems and over 14 Sun systems.
* Monitored and resolved problems on Microsoft servers.
* Managed and Monitored tape Backups.
* Managed CommuniGate and sendmail mail servers.
* Worked on apache web server’s.
* Managed DNS server’s and domain names.
* Worked with HP OpenView
* Upgraded UNIX Solaris and Tru64 system software
* Provided user support & added/modified user domain accounts on Windows & UNIX servers.
* Resolved all problems except Database (had database administrator to work with) from 3:00am till 9:00am including phone system, building, air conditioning, etc. along with the network operating system and application problems.
May 1999 UNIX and Windows contractor
To February 2000
* Help clients add additional equipment and modify Unix operating system(s).
* Upgraded system(s) and apply patches.
* Help resolve day to day problems and monitor network(s).
1991 Digital Equipment Corporation (Compaq)
to April 1999 UNIX SOFTWARE & SYSTEMS FIELD ENGINEER/ADMINISTRATOR
* Managed all emergency “crash” situations on triage basis for multiple clients on a 5x24 basis for DEC Unix/Trucluster, Windows servers, workstations & VMS.
* Installed, Setup, tuned, applied patches, provided capacity planning and troubleshot assigned systems.
* Managed CalPX’s data center DEC systems for 4 months.
* Trained the new system manager.
* Worked onsite at a major customer for 5 years resolving unix/vms hardware and software problems.
* Worked on WAN systems – providing trouble shooting – up to and including installation of CISCO routers, hub’s, switch’s and gateways.
* Have understanding of different telephony technologies (Frame Relay, ATM, T1)
* Provided support on SUN Sparc CPU’s & other products.
* Worked on printers, disks, tapes, terminals, specialized interfaces, system problems and application problems.
* Worked on large disk clusters.
* Worked with multiple customers doing the same after being an onsite engineer.
1973 Digital Equipment Corporation
to 1988 SYSTEMS and PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER
* Resolved software and hardware problems that customers, field engineers, and remote support groups couldn’t resolve.
* Worked over the phone and onsite.
* Resolved customer problems including CPU, Memory, disks, tapes, printers, terminals, interfaces, network, operator problems, operating system software and application problems.
* Kept management and customer management informed of problems or status updates.
Client Accounts included:
Rand Corp. GTE
SDC CAL PX
Areojet Wells Fargo (exclusively network)