FunMasters (Party Entertainers)
Part-time Business Manager / Digital Consultant
- liaise with clients, performers, ventors and event managers to coordinate all performance activities.
- Manage all business transactions, maintain and process accounting records, calendars, correspondece, contacts, inventories, payables, receivables, photographic collateral and taxes.
- Create marketing materials and on-line sales initiatives including website development and management.
- Technology coach and support for solopreneurs.
- Graphic, digital document, web and presentation designer.
- Technology coach and personal computer software trainer.
- Graphic, digital document, website and presentation designer.
New York Institute of Technology, Central Islip & Bronx, NY
Teacher Trainer: Science, Technology, Engineering & Math for Title IIB
Digital Immigrant Phase 2 Grant
- Designed and facilitated science and technology workshops for teachers in Title IIB Grant.
- Delivered on-site assistance for preparation and implementation of student STEM activities, and to tutor and assist teachers with using technology for learning and classroom activities.
- Facilitated student science/technology lessons and activities.
- Observed and conferenced with grant teachers to increase science, technology, engineering and math connections throughout curriculum, including suggestions and review of unit and lesson plans implementing STEM objectives.
- Provided resource connections for lesson plans, websites, student interactive and classroom activities to align with state standards and NYC Scope and Sequence for the science curriculum.
New York City Department of Education at The Young Women's Leadership School (9/03-9/04) and
MLK HS for Arts & Technology (9/04-6/06)
Technology Teacher, Grades 7 - 12
- Prepared new curriculum, lesson plans and assessment for students from grades 7 to 12 in technology, computer operations, telecommunications, and software applications; also taught basic math class for 11-12 grade students at TYWLS, focusing on math in everyday life
- Conducted professional development seminars, contributed to technology integration plan, student technology education plan, vocational funding application, maintained computer lab, and performed basic network functions
- Technology advisor to award winning Young Science Achievers and web design club, collaborated on interdisciplinary projects, assisted faculty members and students using a variety of applications, co-coordinated student Poetry slam, advisory teacher for 10th grade students, and chaperoned various student activities and field trips
Independent Contractor/Freelancer, New York Metro Area
Consultant/Contract Services at Corporate Clients
User training, technical support and graphic design for clients including onsite workshops, remote support, materials design and authoring. Also, PowerPoint presentations, HTML newsletters, logos, web site design collaboration and custom GUI's.
TBC Services, Inc. (6/01-8/03): Onsite training and remote support of proprietary client management system for financial services clients
DeskNet Inc. (6/00-5/01): Configuration, implementation and support of Quark Publishing System at clients' sites; developed training curriculum, lesson plans, software documentation and conducted training classes
William M. Mercer (8/99-6/00): PowerPoint Specialist for the Communications Department, working with Consultants to create web-style presentations and navigation designs for various clients
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (6/98-7/99): Application Specialist-MS Office Suite, Windows OS and technical/network assistance; PowerPoint/Graphics specialist designing manuals, presentations and templates for Starwood's six hotel brands and various departments, facilitated newsletter creation and publication
Allmerica Financial (3/97-6/99): PowerPoint presentations, seminar consulting, para-planning, computer/mini-network/Internet set-ups
Stromberg Communications & Consulting (2/98-5/98): Designed documents, manuals and templates
RIA Group (12/97-2/98): Telephone technical support for proprietary tax research product
J.P. Morgan (10/97-12/97): PowerPoint training and presentations
- Allmerica Financial Representatives (2/97-9/97): Planning & document prepartion support for clent meetings & seminars
The Westchester Group/Allmerica Financial, Tarrytown, NY
Manager, Computer and Presentation Services (1/95-2/97)
Developed various presentation modules to illustrate basic components and concepts of a financial plan used by consultants with corporate and individual clients, including 401(k) programs, and retirement, estate, investment, business continuation and college funding plans
Personalized presentations for individuals and group seminars. Authored, produced and updated a catalogue of NASD-approved compliance materials, including financial concepts, investment and insurance product information; established procedures for their use and reproduction
Assisted marketing coordinator with various sales campaigns and editing public correspondence
Provided supervision and training for an assistant and coordination of support services for special projects
Directly responsible for the functioning of company-owned computer workstations and providing computer software and hardware support for an office of about 65 users
Set-up computer directory structure for storing data and presentations; instituted backup procedures
Provided training to individual users and small groups of many proprietary and financial products in addition to word processing, presentation and calculation software packages
- Installed, configured and maintained an 8-node network using Windows '95
Financial Planning Assistant (7/93-1/95)
Provided planning, administrative and backup secretarial support for Rand Guffey, JD, CFP
Created presentation packages for client meetings and generated case analyses
Designed spreadsheet templates, seminar overheads and organized computer data
National Westchester Capital Corp. Bedford, NY
First Federal Savings & Loan Ass'n of Rochester Mt. Kisco, NY
Advised residential borrowers regarding available mortgage programs; completed their applications
Provided constant follow-up to insure timely underwritings, closings and future referrals
- Solicited new business from realtors and attorneys in northern Westchester County
- Software: Various word processing, spreadsheet, financial, graphic and Internet packages including: all Windows versions of Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & QuickBooks; Graphics creation and editing using PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXPress; Web page creation using Dreamweaver, HTML, Fireworks and Flash; Internet browsers; Adobe Acrobat; Web applications: wikis, podcasts, webinars, instant messaging, internet telephony, blogs, social networks; Familiar with Inspiration, course web support (Blackboard), flowcharting and document management and tracking software (QPS). Work in both PC and MAC environments.
- Proficient in business software usage: created automated production reports, presentations, manuals, invitations, newsletters, brochures, etc.; imported and exported data and mapped databases, converted file formats and ported material from one software package to another, facilitated electronic and press publishing. Developed templates, organized file systems for dependable retrieval, configured user-friendly e-mail and contact interfaces.
- Hardware:/Networking: Proficient in troubleshooting and operation of computers in IBM PC compatible environments using DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows '95/'98/00/XP and basic network administration on both MAC and MS networks.
Formerly NASD Registered Representative, General Securities License (Series 7, 63 and 65), NYS Life and Health Insurance License and NASD Series 3
- NYS Teaching Licenses: Technology Education, Educational Technology &
Previous Financial Experience
1984-1985 Rooney, Pace & Co. Underwriting Administrator/Municipal Bonds
1981-1984 Bear, Stearns & Co. Senior Sales Assistant, General Securities
1978-1980 Advest, Inc. Municipal Bond Trader/Sales Liaison
1977-1978 Wm. E. Pollock & Co. Trading Assistant, Municipal Bonds
- 1976-1977 Dillon, Read & Co. General Assistant, Municipal Bond Department
New York Institute of Technology - Master of Science degree, Instructional Technology, 4.0 GPA, 2009.
Long Island University (LIU) C.W. Post College, Greenvale, New York - BA Music Education, 2003, Cum Laude; additional coursework in Information Technology
Westchester Community College, Valhalla, New York - Completed 27 credits (4.0 GPA) including Web Site Design & Management, Web Page Design, Publishing and Electronic Pre-Press, 1999 - 2000
Suffolk County Community College, Selden, New York - A.A. with Honors
- New York Chapter, Webgrrls International
- NYSCATE, an affiliate of ISTE, International Society for Technology in Education