- Interfaces directly with any theremin.
- 128 user programmable patches.
- Real time pitch readout.
- Eight octaves of pitch tracking through 14 bits of pitch bend data.
- Control over octave range down to 1 semitone allowing for glissando
- Auto octave switching with control over octave and tone transpose.
- Built in MIDI merge facility to allow control of sequences with a
- External foot switch connection for Hold mode and patch change.
- CV voltage range and scaling, software adjustable.
- Two 1V/Octave voltage outputs with GATE and TRIGGER, 5/15V switch
The MIDI-Wave is a pitch & amplitude-to-MIDI & CV interface. There are
128 user patches which can be loaded from the front panel, foot switch
or remotely via the MIDI program change message. Each patch contains detailed
setup parameters including octave range, pitch bend range, amplitude sensitivity,
velocity sensitivity, volume sensitivity, octave spread, tone offset,
program change and more! A hold foot switch is available to allow a note
to be held. Two control voltage outputs are provided for pitch and amplitude.
The gate and trigger signals are amplitude threshold switched, with control
of the switch threshold. The source of the CV interface may also be switched
to incoming MIDI to allow use as a standard MIDI to CV converter. The
MIDI-Wave is capable of simultaneous Theremin-to-MIDI and MIDI-to-CV conversion.
The pitch bend controller (1-48 semitones definable) is used in conjunction
with RPN (54H) portamento control to follow the pitch of the theremin.
Pitch is resolved down to +/-2.5 cents over eight octaves with 10 cents
hysteresis (to reduce the amount of useless MIDI data transmitted from
wobbly hand syndrome). The channel volume message is used to control the
amplitude, and can be assigned to channel pressure (aftertouch), poly
pressure and virtually any other MIDI controller. An echo back facility
is provided in place of the MIDI THROUGH feature. This merges the Theremin
MIDI data with incoming MIDI data, allowing for control of sequences with