FAMILIAR WITH THE LAW:
Laws today are complex and intertwined. Laws that are vague require courts to interpret them. That means wasted taxpayer
dollars. Laws that are over-broad put liberties we hold dear at risk. My legal experience has allowed me to:
FAMILIAR WITH THE PROCESS:
- Quickly analyze pending bills.
- Spot problem areas and dangers to citizens.
- Ask probing questions about hidden details.
- Make good proposals better.
During my service in the Idaho House of Representatives, I have served on four critical committees: Judiciary & Rules, State
Affairs, Health & Welfare and Local Government.
Because of my legal experience, I was comfortable in immediately jumping into the process, probing the merits of bills, and
asking critical questions. I have worked conscientiously to closely examine each legislative proposal for fiscal responsibility,
fairness, practicality and constitutionality.
Learning legislative procedures, the committee process, and the many competing interests at the legislature takes time. My
experience in these areas allows me to be more effective in finding solutions and keeping government limited and fiscally
I am committed to representing and listening to each citizen of District 15, and working to solve problems where government
action is appropriate. In addition to my experience in the legislature, my abilities in balanced problem solving are exemplified
- 34 years as an attorney representing the "little guy."
- Business and commercial property owner who understands business concerns.
- Over 100 hours dispute resolution training at the University of Idaho.
- 14 years as president of a neighborhood water users association, resolving water issues, and digging ditches with my