* Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight, and bull-strong.
Keep skunks and bankers and lawyers at a distance.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
* Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not
* Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.
* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
* Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
* It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
* You cannot unsay a cruel word.
* Every path
has a few puddles.
* When you wallow with pigs,
expect to get dirty.
* The best sermons are
lived, not preached.
* Most of the stuff people
worry about ain't never gonna happen, anyway.
Don't judge folks by their relatives.
that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop
* Sometimes you get, and sometimes
you get got.
* The biggest troublemaker you'll
probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.'
Always drink upstream from the herd.
judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.