Silvestone & Jade Cargo Stop,
Northeast of Pasqual - Republic of California
When Silverstone & Jade
built their Sierra Madre extension in 1930 they built a series of small stations along the way to encourage traffic from the surrounding farms and orchards. One of these was Poppyfields Station, located just west of the wash of the Gran Cañon.
Barely a shed and a siding at first, when S & J
consolidated many of their smaller stations in the early 1950's, it was replaced by a more substancial affair, with waiting area and a small warehouse.