LOVE IS IN THE AIR (2003)
- Friday On My Mind (2:44) - The Easybeats
- Smiley (3:29) - Ronnie Burns
- Way Out West (3:53) - The Dingoes
- Good Morning (How Are You?) (3:13) - The Moir Sisters
- I Love You, I Honestly Love You (3:37) - Olivia Newton-John
- All My Friends Are Getting Married (4:50) - Skyhooks
- Girls On The Avenue (3:14) - Richard Clapton
- Howzat (3:47) - Sherbet
- Love And Other Bruises (3:42) - Air Supply
- Are You Old Enough? (4:02) - Dragon
- Don't Fall In Love (3:14) - The Ferrets
- Tenterfield Saddler (3:36) - Peter Allen
- Stares And Whispers (3:29) - Renee Geyer
- Help Is On It's Way (4:02) - Little River Band
- Love Is In The Air (3:28) - John Paul Young
- Suburban Boy (2:46) - Dave Warner
- Who Listens To The Radio (3:15) - The Sports
- I See Red (3:17) - Split Enz
- Computer Games (3:59) - Mi-Sex
- Down Under (3:38) - Men At Work
- What About Me (3:32) - Moving Pictures
- Come Said The Boy (4:44) - Mondo Rock
- Boys Light Up (4:40) - Australian Crawl
- Live It Up (3:49) - Mental As Anything
- Man Overboard (4:10) - Do-Re-Mi
- Don't Dream It's Over (3:56) - Crowded House
- Throw Your Arms Around Me (3:53) - Hunters & Collectors
- Take Me Back (3:28) - Noiseworks
- Under The Milky Way (4:58) - The Church
- What Do I Have To Do (3:44) - Kylie Minogue
- My Island Home (4:12) - Christine Anu
- Don't Call Me Baby (3:49) - Madison Avenue
- 2CD - ABC Music 13192 (Australia)
From the Love Is In The Air Website:
Love Is In The Air is the five-part music documentary series that celebrates Australia's pop music and its role in our culture.
Featuring John Farnham, The Bee Gees, Kylie Minogue, Crowded House, Olivia Newton-John, John Paul Young, Rolf Harris and The Seekers to name just a few, this long-awaited series has great fun exploring the stories of our music makers.
Following on from the award-winning Long Way To The Top, which featured Australian rock, Love Is In The Air documents the extraordinary sounds of our pop history. Remember when you were growing up, bopping in the lounge room to the sounds of everyone from Sherbet, JPY to Australian Crawl? Love Is In The Air replays the soundtrack to Australian life.
The series looks at the significant role music played in shaping our popular culture and how our best-loved artists hit the big time overseas. The Bee Gees for instance, held down all top five spots on the American charts in the late 70s - an extraordinary accomplishment. In the 90s Australian musicians scored more American Billboard number one hits than UK artists.
While American and European pop music has its roots in Broadway, Tin Pan Alley and the European classical songs of romantic composers, Australia has had to stamp its own character and heritage on popular music.
From the early years of Rolf Harris singing Jake the Peg at the Montreal Expo in 1968, to Kylie's Can't Get You Out Of My Head, they are uniquely Australian.
The series traces the cultural and musical evolution of Australian pop and examines its many influencing factors. With dozens of interviews with the movers and shakers of this multi-million dollar industry, the series provides personalised accounts of the events and scandals that shaped its history.