REMOTE LUXURY (1984)
Tracks (click a title for details)
|1.||Constant In Opal (3:31)||/ /|
|2.||Violet Town (3:30)|
|3.||No Explanation (4:30)|
|4.||10,000 Miles (4:17) (sung by Marty Willson-Piper)|
|5.||Maybe These Boys (5:52)|
|6.||Into My Hands (3:44)||/|
|7.||A Month of Sundays (4:25)|
|8.||Volumes (4:08) (sung by Marty Willson-Piper)|
|9.||Shadow Cabinet (4:20)||/|
|10.||Remote Luxury (3:17) (instrumental)||/|
Steve Kilbey - Vocals, Bass Guitar, Keyboards
Peter Koppes - Guitars
Marty Willson-Piper - Guitars, Vocals, Lead Vocals "Volumes/10,000 Miles"
Richard Ploog - Drums, Percussion
Additional Keyboards by Craig Hooper and David Moore [aka Davey Ray Moor]
Produced by The Church and John Bee
Engineered by John Bee
Mixed by John Bee and The Church
Recorded at Studio 301, Sydney, Australia, Summer 83/Winter 84
Cover and Artwork - Kim Sandeman
Management and Correspondence:
22003 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu California 90265 U.S.A.
Arista Reissues: Digital Remastering by Bill Inglot and Ken Perry at K DISC, Los Angeles.
Releases (rev. Jan. 20, 2019)
- LP - Warner Bros 1-25152 (USA) White Label Test Pressing
- LP - Warner Bros 1-25152 (USA Promo) - Full Color Sleeve, inner sleeve w/lyrics, includes a Press Kit
- LP - Warner Bros 1-25152 (USA) - Full Color Sleeve, inner sleeve w/lyrics
- LP - Warner Bros 92 51521 (USA) - Full Color Sleeve
- LP - Warner Bros 92 51521 (Canada) - Full Color Sleeve, inner sleeve w/lyrics
- LP - Carrere CAR 213 (UK) - White Label Test Pressing, Full Color Sleeve
- With "CARRERE" on the front cover, bottom right and "CARRERE RECORDS" on the back, bottom right.
- LP - Carrere CAL 213 (UK) - Blue & White Sleeve, inner sleeve w/lyrics - Cover
- LP - Carrere CA681 66214 [on spine and back cover] / 66214 [on red disc labels] (France) - Blue & Black Sleeve
- LP - Carrere 825 372-1 (West Germany) - Blue & Black Sleeve
- LP - Carrere CRE 26430 (Spain) - 1985 - Blue & Black Sleeve
- LP - Carrere CRE 26430 (Italy) - 1985 - Blue & Black Sleeve
- LP - Carrere 308.7075 (Brazil Promo) - 1985 - Blue & Black Sleeve
- LP - Carrere 308.7075 (Brazil) - 1985 - Blue & Black Sleeve
- LP - Carrere/RGE 304.7070 (Brazil) - 1988 - Blue & Black Sleeve
- LP - Arista 209 649 (Europe) - 1989 Reissue, Remastered - Full Color Sleeve, inner sleeve w/lyrics
- LP - Arista AL 8566 (USA) - 1988 Reissue, Remastered
- CASS - Carrere CAC 213 (UK)
- CASS - Carrere CAC 381 76.214 (France) - Dolby
- CASS - Warner Bros 25152-4 [on cover] / 4-25152 [on cassette] (USA)
- CASS - Warner Bros 92-51524 (Canada)
- CASS - Arista AC-8566 (USA) - 1988 Reissue, Remastered - BASF Chrome, Dolby
- CASS - Arista 409 649 (UK & Europe) - 1988 Reissue, Remastered - Dolby
- CD - Arista ARCD-8566 (USA) - Oct. 25, 1990 - Reissue, Remastered
- CD - Arista 209649 (UK) - Reissue, Remastered
- CD - Carrere 825 372-2 (West Germany) - Blue & Black Sleeve, Red CD - Cover
- CD - Arista 259 649 (Germany) - 1989 Reissue, Remastered
- CD - BMG Ariola 259649 (Germany)
Vinyl Inner Groove Messages
Side A: "IT'S A M--M--M--MENTAL BLOCK"
Side B: "ECHOS OF GHOSTLY DOGS"
Side B: "THE REAL CHURCH"
Different pressings have diferent messages. Warner Bros 1-25152 has the first Side B message. Arista 209649 has no messages.
The cover photo by Kim Sandeman featuring Karin Jansson was taken in Camperdown Cemetery in the Newtown suburb of Sydney.
Reviews & Comments