This is a preprocessor, that takes transliterated input using a modified Wylie system, and outputs stuff that TeX (or LaTeX) can understand. Also included is a metafont (actually split into 3 files).
I started with latextibetan, fixed various bugs, and took the pk font files and built metafont files (scalable) using the GNU fontutils (I've had to update this somewhat, my updates are available ...).
I'm developing a new font. Right now it's still changing, so be warned. There are lots of new characters such as double/sanscrit vowels, some new shads, some new wazur and reversed forms.
I've rewritten the prefilter in lex/yacc, to make it easier to maintain/extend. It is changing as I add support for the new font and modify the font.
Version 6 has 2 more mf - the gaka ttf font (developed by D. Stilwell for the Tibetan OCR project) converted to mf, reordered to work with textib, and with a couple of extra glyphs. The current software can use either the gtib or gaka font. Note that the gaka font so far doesn't quite have all the glyphs.
Apparently a yahoo search for "latex sanscrit" takes people here. So if that's why you're here you need to look at Devanagari for TeX developed by Frans J. Velthuis. You can get this from ctan (tex archives). A place to start is