Try the step-by-step approach to moving into tripod headstand from prasarita
padotanasana (standing wide-leg forward bend) shown in the photos below. As you begin, practice near a wall or have
a friend stand behind you to assist. Remember to engage
your core and build the pose using these Universal Principles of Alignment™:
1. Set your foundation and open to grace
- plant all four corners of feet firmly and open to spaciousness inside.
Muscular energy - engage the muscles and hug them into the bones, creating strength and stability.
3. Inner Spiral - rotate the thighs inward and move them back and apart to widen the sitting bones.*
4. Outer Spiral - lengthen the tailbone and rotate the legs outward
to return the legs to neutral.*
5. Organic energy - extend outward from
core through all bones to find full expression of the pose.
*For arms, lengthen the sides of the
body from hips to armpits; move upper arm bones back, and bottom tips of the shoulder blades towards each other and into