US Virgin Islands
What to Do
St. Thomas Beaches:
Bolongo Bay – You are here! A delightful
retreat for vacationers seeking a comfortable, multi-purpose beach with a beautiful tropical setting and a wide variety of
activities for all ages. Close to everything. Ideal for parents and children. There's something for everyone!
Villas has an oceanfront pool that adorns our condo building.
Bolongo beach is popular for weddings and has a snorkeling reef, dive shop, watersport rentals, and three
Mim’s Seaside Bistro, located beside the onsite oceanfront pool, provides
dinner, as well as frozen drinks and spirits, at the sparkling water's edge. Very romantic.
· Thursday night at Mim’s Bistro is their famous all-u-can-eat peel
and eat shrimp feast. There's fresh lobster every night.
· Visit Mim’s website for more information and photos.
· Iggie’s at the Beach and the Beach House Restaurant are only steps down the beach from the condo.
· Iggie’s: Don’t miss the Sunday BBQ at Iggie’s; right on
the beach (call for times). Wednesday is Carnival Night (in season; West Indian
Buffett and live entertainment, much like a luau). Thursday is Volleyball night, and Karaoke is offered several
nights a week at Iggie’s. Iggie's was just voted one of the top 10 beach bars in the Caribbean by Caribbean Travel
& Life magazine this year. Good food, good times.
The Beach House - Menus each night (Tues-Sat).
· Fun, fun, and more fun! You don’t have to go far to reserve your
own adventure, visit Vernita at the Bolongo Gift Shop located next door to the villas.
Vernita can assist with scheduling tours and activities, including a sailing/snorkeling trip on the catamaran “Heavenly
Days”, a day trip excursion to the British Virgin Islands, etc . . . .
· You can rent an assortment of water toys (windsurfer, kayak, aqua cycle, sunfish sailboat, wave runner, sail board,
swim mat, snorkeling equipment, and other water gear) at the Watersport Rental Center located on the beachfront. An all-day pass is offered for singles and for families of four ($40-$100).
· There is a full service Dive Shop on our beach, with dive boat and one and two tank dives (St. Thomas Diving Club).
Coki Beach –
Known for easy snorkeling and beginner diving lessons, as well as SNUBA and Sea Trekkin'. Coral World is at Coki Beach. Tropical fish abound.
– World famous. 1 of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world by National
Geographic and Condo Naste. Enjoy long beach walks and exquisite tropical setting. Snack bar and changing
Virgin Island Activities:
Reference the activities published in the most current edition of “St Thomas-St John This Week”.
Duty-free Shopping – St. Thomas is the shopping capitol of the Caribbean. Shop in either downtown Charlotte Amalie or Havensite (adjacent to the cruise ship docks).
- Duty-free prices for diamonds
and other gems (i.e. Tanzanite) are worth the trip to St. Thomas. Each US Citizen
is allowed $1200 of duty free goods, and 5 bottles of liquor, plus one extra if it is “local” such as Cruzan Rum.
- Cardow, Little Switzerland, Columbian
Emeralds, and Tanzanite International are some of our favorite stores for quality jewelry and good values.
- The Green House Restaurant, located
on the waterfront, is a great place for lunch and happy hour (4:30-7:00 p.m.) while in town.
· Spend a Day on St. John – Take the ferry to St. John from Red Hook (person or car ferry).
- St. John beaches are wonderful
for snorkeling and exploring: Hawksnest Bay, Cinnamon Bay, and Leinser
Bay/Waterlemon Cay are some of the best.
- Trunk Bay is world famous for
snorkeling. There's a nice snack shop. $4 park fee.
- In Cruz Bay, you can wander through
the quaint shops at Mongoose Junction.
- Be sure to check the ferry schedules.
· Rent a Powerboat for the day
Guests tell us to . . .
- Take a sailing/snorkeling day
trip from Red Hook to the British Virgin Islands (BVI).
- Sail to Tortola to swim with dolphins.
- Visit Coral World at Coki Beach
on St. Thomas, an underwater aquarium that doesn’t require that you get wet to see marine life. Check tour books for coupons. You can snorkel on the reef
outside the aquarium, Sea Trek and/or SNUBA. Scuba Diving Lessons are also offered
at Coki Beach. Snorkel equipment, beach chair rentals, and snack bar are available.
- Drive or take a taxi up to St.
Peter's Mountain Top on St. Thomas, order their World Famous Banana or Strawberry Daiquiri, and enjoy the best views (700ft
above sea level) of Magen’s Bay, St. John, and the BVI. On the ride up
or down, stop at Drake’s Seat. This can easily be combined with a day trip
to Magen’s Bay.
the Paradise Point Tramway from Havensight. Check tour books for activity coupons.
information, including dining suggestions, is provided to our reserved guests before their vacation and in the condos.
St. John, USVI
|Duty-free Shopping in Charlotte
Amalie, St. Thomas ||
St. Thomas Golf
|Tropical Underwater Sealife |
Links to St. Thomas Island Information
to St. John Island Information
Additional information is provided
to our guests before their vacation and in our condo to assist in planning a wonderful vacation to the US Virgin Islands.