1. “The Image of St. George Killing Diocletian: Worldview in Perspective as Resistance Art,” Annual Conference
of the Society for Intercultural Philosophy: The Strength, Power, and Force of Images from an Intercultural Perspective, Vienna,
2. “Causality in Perspective: Resistance in the Image of St. George Killing Diocletian,” Presentation at Georgian
National Centre of Manuscripts Research Workshop, Tbilisi, July 2016.
3. “A Critical Hermeneutical Reading of Danto‟s Narrative Philosophy of History and the Problem of
Style,” Faculty Colloquium, Boğaziçi University, November 2015.
4. “Changing Human Nature: A Case for Intergenerational Justice, invited speaker, BETİM
(Beşikçizade Center for Medical Humanities) seminar, Istanbul, November 2015.
5. “Turkish Language Reform and Islamic Political Identity,” invited Speaker, Istanbul University,
6. “Artistic Creativity in Danto’s Notion of Style and the Inaccessibility of the Subject’s World,”
in the Philosophy of Art conference held at the Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik, April 2015.
7. “Arthur Danto's Theory of Embodied Meaning and the Art of Andy Warhol,” in the Philosophy of Art conference
held at the Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik, April 2014.
8. “The Common Structures of Power and Art: Nietzsche’s Aesthetic Transvaluation, Latife Tekin’s Magical
Realism, and the Gezi Park Çapulcu,” co-presented with Angela Hamilton in the Philosophy of Art conference held at the
Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik, April 2014.
9. “The Embodiment of Theory in Art: Arthur Danto and Andy Warhol,” invited speaker, National Gallery of Art,
Amman, Jordan, March 2014.
10. “Mitgliedschaft als soziales Gut und Rahmenbedingung für gerechte Verteilungen,” Walzer Tagung in der
Akademie für Politische Bildung, Tutzing, Germany, December 2013.
“Nietzsche’s Theory of Transvaluation: Gezi Park and the Power of Political Art,” in The Sanart Turkish
Aesthetics Congress, Mersin, Turkey, October 2013.
Paths: The Fate of the Wheel of Fortune and the ‘Inner logic’ of Symbolic Development,” in the XIX. International
Congress for Aesthetics, Krakow, Poland, July 2013.
Power of Naming: Nietzsche’s Aesthetic Transvaluation, Latife Tekin’s Magical Realism, and the Gezi Park Çapulcu,”
co-presented with Angela Hamilton, Philosophy-Turkish Studies Forum, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany, June 2013.
14. “Changing Human Nature: A Case for Intergenerational Justice,” in Pluralism and Conflict:
Distributive Justice Beyond Rawls and Consensus, International Conference at Fatih University, Istanbul, June 2013.
15. “Fate, Providence and the Transformation of the Wheel of Fortune: The Effect of Worldview
on Symbolic Development,” in the Philosophy of Art conference held at the Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik, April
16. “Arthur Danto’s Andy Warhol: The Embodiment of Theory
in Art and the Pragmatic Turn,” invited speaker, Boğaziçi University, March 2013.
17. "Ritual Viewing and Ritual Action," in the Philosophy of Art conference held at the Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik,
18. "Emblems of Power and the Changing Function of Art in
the Eastern Roman Empire," in the Expanding the Boundaries of Rome: New Research in Early and Late Roman Art session, College
Art Association Annual Conference, Los Angeles, February 2012.
Aesthetic Transvaluation and Magical Realism – Existential De-Centering in Berji Kristin Tales from the Garbage Hills,”
co-presented with Angela Hamilton, International Symposium on Theories of Art/ Design and Aesthetics, Akdeniz University,
Antalya, Turkey, October 2011.
20. Panelist for creativity session followed
by a separate presentation: “Creativity: Between Critique and Novelty,” Foundations in Art: Theory & Education
National Conference, St. Louis, April 2011.
21. “Andy Warhol:
The Pragmatic Embodiment of Danto’s Theory of Art,” faculty presentation, organized by the St. Charles Community
College Philosophy Department and Philosophy Club, St. Louis, October 2010.
“The Emergence of Byzantine Art from the Art of Late Antiquity: The Role of Art in Social Change,” co-presented
with Graydon Snyder, Archaeology/American Schools of Oriental Research, a section of the Central States SBL Meeting, St. Louis,
23. “The Problem of Anticipation in Danto's Narrative
Notion of History: The Case of We Got It!,” APA Central Division Meeting, Chicago, February 2010.
24. “Opacity in Danto’s Account of Style,” International Literary Criticism
and Theory Conference Series: Style in Theory/Styling Theory, University of Malta, November 2009.
25. “Danto’s Narrative Notion of History and the Future of Art,” International Conference on
the Aesthetic Dimensions of Visual Culture, Charles University, Prague, October 2009.
26. “The Epic Hero in the Anti-Epic,” co-presented with Angela Hamilton, International Symposium of Western
Cultural and Literary Studies, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey, October 2009.
“Turkish Language Reform - Modernism and Islamic Political Identity: A Habermasian Critique,” Conference on the
Transformation and the Dynamics of (Radical) Change: Insights from Political Theory and Philosophy, Queen's University, Belfast,
Ireland, November 2008.
28. “Habermas on the Incomplete Project
of Modernity: Turkish Language Reform and Islamic Political Identity,” 6th International Conference on the Humanities,
Istanbul, Turkey, July 2008.
29. “An Impossible Object: Embodied
Meaning and Hegel’s Crooked Teeth,” American Society for Aesthetics Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, November 2007.
30. “Gombrich’s History of Representation and the Breakdown of Visual Communication,”
XVII. International Congress for Aesthetics, METU, Ankara, Turkey, July 2007.
“Dialogue in Art: Gombrich’s History of Pictorial Representation and the End of Art,” Critical Issues Conference
on Visual Literacy, Mansfield College, Oxford, UK, July 2007.
Ontology of Style,” Online Conference in Aesthetics: Arthur Danto’s Transfiguration of the Commonplace - 25 Years
Later, http://artmind.typepad.com/onlineconference, January 2007.
See Danto's response: pp. 16-19.
33. “Dialogue in Art,” American Society for Aesthetics Annual Meeting, Milwaukee, October 2006.
34. “Narrative Practice,” invited speaker, Department of Art and Art History, University
of Missouri-Saint Louis, March 2006.
35. “The End of Art:
Hegel’s Misappropriation of Aristotle’s Nous,” Midsouth Philosophy Conference, University of Memphis,
36. “Hegel, Nietzsche and Danto on the End of Art,”
invited speaker, Lindenwood University, St. Louis, November 2005.
“The Aesthetic Tradition and the Ancient Quarrel: Hegel’s Misappropriation of Aristotle’s Nous,”
Saint Louis University Graduate Student Conference, September 2004.