Every member is responsible for general upkeep. Please help by picking up litter, cleaning, raking leaves, cutting grass, etc.
MEMBER RESPONSIBILITY: A member who invites a group to SS is required to
• Be in the Park at all times (first in and last out).
• Follow and enforce all the rules on the rules sheet during their stay.
• Check all the buildings are cleaned, refrigerators emptied and no litter remains on the grounds before they leave.
• Ensure that Nancy Laux receives the donation for using the Park.
• Groups must be approved by SS Reservations.
• Member is responsible for preparing the grounds, cutting grass, etc.
CHILDREN'S CAMP WEEK
• SS is closed to members during IOGT Camp (Children's Camp).
USE OF EQUIPMENT
• Use of tools and other equipment such as mowers can be dangerous. Each person must assume complete responsibility for their use.
• Keep all children away from electrical and power equipment, especially mowers. Mower operators must be at least 16 years old and be trained.
DINING HALL & MAIN KITCHEN
• The dining hall and kitchen can be used by all members.
• The main kitchen must be cleaned immediately after use so that others may use a clean kitchen.
• Never leave garbage in the dining hall. Dispose of properly in plastic lined garbage bags by the tool shed. Additional bags, if needed, are in the kitchen.
• Any food in the refrigerator or freezer in the dining hall not marked for ownership is free game for anyone. Anything left in refrigerators at fall clean-up time will be discarded.
• Group functions/larger, private gatherings, reservations may be made for the use of the west side of Hoyer Hall (carpeted dining room) along with use of kitchen facilities. Advance reservations should be made.
• All donations of cooking equipment must be approved by the SS Board before bringing to SS.
• Vehicles can be driven to rental units or the beach only for loading and unloading.
• Driving is allowed on roads and parking lot. No driving on play area between white fence and dining hall.
• Vehicles must be parked in the parking lot.
• Use of unlicensed motorized vehicles/motorized bikes is not allowed.
• Pets are discouraged.
• Pets are not allowed in dining hall or main kitchen.
• All pets much be leashed and under control at all times.
• One pet per building unit is allowed.
SWIMMING - Warning - No lifeguard is on duty. Swimming is at your own risk. No diving.
• Children must not use the lake or beach without an adult in attendance.
• Changing rooms for swimming are in the white house basement.
FIREPLACES AND OUTSIDE FIRES
• Outside fires are only allowed in the fire pit near the swings and the small fire rings at the trailer pads.
• Fires must be attended at all times, until extinguished.
• After using fireplaces or charcoal grills, dump all coals and ash in the fire pit and extinguish.
• A burning permit must be obtained from Scandia/Washington County before burning any brush.
• Wood split for fires is for use in building fireplaces.
• The area between the dining hall and the road leading to the lake (white fence) is designated as a play area.
• The only permanent structure in this area is the children’s playground equipment.
TENTS, TRAILERS, MOTORHOMES, ETC.
• Daily reservations include use of dining hall.
• All tenting is restricted to east of dining hall unless prior approval received from SS Reservations.
RESERVATION OF UNITS
• Reserving buildings is limited to dues paying members only, although their group may include guests.
• The weekly reservation period is from 12 noon Friday to 12 noon Friday.
• Maximum residents per building are:
White house – 8 persons Wistrand – 8 persons Bunkhouse – 6 persons
ROW BOAT/CANOE USAGE
• Boats or canoes not reserved with building units may be used on a first come, first served basis.
• Be sure to leave boats clean. Return oars to Wistrand basement when done.
• All SS-owned floatation devices and life preservers must be hung up to dry in the Wistrand basement.
• All fish cleaning must be done in the fish house located north of the motel. Scaler and brushes are provided.
• Fish guts are to be thrown behind the fish house. DO NOT PUT IN GARBAGE CANS!
• SS no longer has a long distance carrier.
• To make a long distance phone call, you must use a cellular phone or a calling card.
• Off-season storage of personal items such as campers or boats must be approved by the SS Board.
• The SS Board must approve equipment, purchased or donated, for use before being brought to SS.
• The SS Board must approve any permanent structures and their placement in SS before construction.
• No firearms allowed, including air rifles or BB guns.
• SS is undergoing a shoreline renovation. No tree or brush removal without authorization.
• Buildings and grounds not left in good condition could result in a refusal to accept the party's reservation the following year. SS requires those using the Park to clean up after themselves so those coming afterward will have a clean and inviting place to rest and relax.
• SS is not responsible for any damage or injury that is done to the Member or his/her property, guests or their property that was not caused by SS.
• SS is not responsible for the actions, or for any damages, injury or harm caused by third parties (such as other members, guests, intruders or trespassers) who are not under SS’s control.
• Member shall reimburse SS for any loss, property damage, or cost of repair or service (including plumbing problems) caused by negligence or improper use by member, his/her agents, family or guest.
• Expenses must have prior approval from SS Board and receipts must be presented for reimbursement.
Buildings include 1 boat and up to 4 persons: Weekly Daily
Wistrand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $230.00 $45.00
White House . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $200.00 $40.00
Bunkhouse . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $170.00 $35.00
Each additional person: . . . . . . . $ 15.00 $ 5.00
Dining Hall . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $30.00 per day
Tents, trailers, motorhomes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $10.00; $15.00 with hookups
Boats (non-reserved building units) . . . . . . . . . . $ 5.00
SS RESERVATIONS Contact:
Nancy at email@example.com
• A reservation deposit of $50 for each building must be received within two weeks to hold the reservation.
• Week long reservations begin January 1 of each year and weekend reservations begin January 15.