JUAN J. SANMIGUEL
Available to discuss a challenging and responsible position in the Computer
or Engineering field where my background
and experience can be fully utilized to our mutual benefit.
June 1998 to present; 40 hours per week; Computer
Engineer; GS-854-12; Last Promoted January 1999
Naval Air Warfare Center-Training Systems Division;
12350 Research Parkway Orlando FL 32826;
Supervisor-Paul Jackson 407-380-8342
Computer Engineer NAWCTSD 4912 - Air Anti-Submarine
Electronics Engineer NAWCTSD 4911-Aviation Systems
- Performed final acceptance testing on the
Small Arms Tactical Trainer.
- Maintaining and updating Cost Estimation
- Designed and Developed the PMA 205 Cost
Estimation Tool. This tool was written in Visual Basic 6.0. This tool
will help engineers predict the costs of new trainer procurements.
- Wrote a modified Statement of Work for
Small Arms Marksmanship Trainer.
- Added a new class to High Level Architecture(HLA)-Distributed
Interactive Simulation(DIS) Gateway. This class was written in Visual C++.
The Agent class monitors all HLA entities to ensure they are active. Wrote
up the functionality of the Agent class for part of a paper, which be presented
at the Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization (SISO) conference.
- Assisted in HLA certification of the OH-58
Helicopter Crew System Mission Equipment Trainer(CSMET).
- Performed several interoperability demonstrations
at the HLA lab.
- Reassembled the HLA Lab computer network
after a move. Designed the layout of the new lab. Maintained the equipment
in the HLA Lab.
- Upgraded lab computers to Windows 2000.
Installed Modular Semai-Automated Forces (ModSAF) on several lab computers.
- Upgraded and tested the Weapon Handling
and Launch Electronics (WHALE) Trainer. Installed upgrade on site.
- Represented the government for the P-3
Operational Flight Trainer Pre Modification Inspection.
- Designed a database for the AV-8B IRNAWST
Discrepancy Reports. Entered 84 Discrepancy Reports to the database.
- Designed a databse for the CH-46/CH-53
- Wrote a Statement of Work for the engineering
support contract for the Weapon Launch Control Team Trainer.
- Performed a cost estimation for the Weapon
Handling and Launch Electronics (WHALE) flat panel screen upgrade.
- Performed an evaluation on a contractor
proposal for the Electronic Training Environment Statement of Work.
- Answered the HLA questionnaire for the
CH-46E, CH-53E, and UH-IN Weapons System Trainers.
- Created an electronic copy the CH-46E
Weapon Systems Trainer Test Trainer Procedures and Results Report. This was
done on Word.
- Completed the Naval Acquisition Intern
June 1995 to January 1998; 40 hours per week;
Electronics Engineer; GS-854-11; Last Promoted December 1996;
Naval Air System Command; BLDG 2185 22437 Cedar
Point Road Unit 6 Patuxent River, MD 20670
Supervisor-Thomas Coyle 301-342-2102
Software Engineer NAVAIR 18.104.22.168 Software Technology
Software Engineer-VH Executive Helicopter Program
- Reviewed and evaluated documents for the Avionics Software
- Fulfilled the requirements of the Navy Acquisition Intern
- Gathered software metrics on the VH Operational
Flight Program (OFP)
- Performed an audit on the software procurement
process and presented a report to the Program Manager (PM).
- Wrote a report on human factors issues
connected with the Computer Display Navigation Unit (CDNU).
Software Engineer-Electronic Warfare Office
- Evaluated monthly progress reports from
the contractor for the AAR-47 Missile Warning System.
- Defined exit and entrance criteria for
AAR-47 design reviews.
- Wrote a questionnaire to evaluate potential
Software Support Activities for the APR-39 Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)
- Chaired Computer Resources Committee at
the Advanced Tactical Aircraft Protection Systems Integrated Logistics Management
June 1990 to June 1995; 20 hours per week; Library
Page; $5.45 per Hour;
West Dade Regional Library; 9445 Coral Way Miami,
Supervisor- Marjorie Chen; 305-553-1134
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining
a section of the library.
- Assisted library patrons.
- Troubleshoot computer problems.
May 1994 to July 1994; 40 hours per week; Cable
Installer; $6.00 per Hour;
Florida International University Telecommunications
Department; Tamiami Campus Miami, FL 33199
Supervisor- Michael Briant; 305-348-3677.
- Installed cable TV and computer network
outlets to the university dormitories.
- Set up local area networks for university
January 1994 to May 1994; 10 hours per week;
Graduate Assistant; $12.50 per Hour;
Florida International University Electrical Engineering
Department Tamiami Park Miami, FL 33199
Supervisor- James Story; 407-348-2807; Contact
- Taught a section of Circuits I Labratory
- Graded papers for 2 professors.
- Ran 2 problem solving sections for Circuits
- Miami Coral Park; Miami FL 32826; 1989;
High School Diploma
- Florida International University; Miami,
FL 33165; Electrical Engineer; Bachelor; 3.0 GPA, 4 Point Scale; 188 Semester
- Virginia Polytech Grduate Center; Falls Church,
VA 22042; Computer Science; No Degree; 3.0 GPA, 4 Point Scale; 6 Semester
- University of Central Florida; Orlando,FL
32826; Computer Science; Master; 4.0 GPA, 4 Point Scale; 6 Semester Hours
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Fundamentals Acquisition Management, 72hrs,
- Intermediate Test and Evaluation, 80hrs,
- Overview-Aircraft Design and Development,
77hrs, May 96
- Intermediate Systems Engineering, 80hrs,
- Intermediate Acquistion Management, 160hrs,
- Introduction to Acquisition Workforce
Test and Evaluation, 40hrs, November 96
- Briefing Techniques, 36hrs, December 96
- Software Cost Estimation, 80hrs, Decmber
- Intermediate Software Acquisition Management,
112hrs, February 97
- Naval Supply System Command Contracting
Officer's Representative (COR) Course, 40hrs, June 98
- Object Oriented Analysis Seminar, 14 hours,
- Open Systems Workshop, 20hrs, July 98
- Interoprability Training, 16hrs, October
- Advance Systems Planning, Research, Development
and Engineering Course, 80hrs, October 00
DAWIA Level III Certification (Systems Engineering),
PERFORMANCE RATINGS, AWARDS, HONORS, AND RECOGNITIONS:
- Performance award October 96
- Performance award Sptember 98
- Special Act Award June 99
- Special Act Award March 00
- Special Act Award June 01
- Pursuing a Master's Degree in Computer
Science at the University of Central Florida.
- Proficient in Spanish.
- Know the basics of Japanese
- Proficient in C, C++, Java, Visual Basic.
- Proficient in Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98,
NT, Millennium, 2000, XP
- Familar with Macintosh Operating Systems
Return to Main