030920 - Level 1 flight of the Ariel on an H128 at XPRS - Black Rock.
Eventually I built a 4" minimum diameter rocket to fly for my Level 3 attempt. The first try failed when a shock
cord untied, but my second try in August of 2006 was successful! The Enterprise 98 went to 17,000 feet, on an M2400
Blue Thunder motor, and recovered without damage.
060804 - Aeronaut 2006 - Enterprise 98 on an M2400 for my Level 3!
My collection at Dairy Aire, 2008
Next flight opportunity: With NARHAMS on 10/20, and TCV 10/26-28. Here's some of the stuff I'm considering:
- Squatch on a big H.
- Canadian Arrow on an F.
- New Big Daddy on an F.
- Sky Dancer on an F.
- Pulsar on an I.
* - Subject to high-altitude/weather/wind conditions.
Here's what I'm working on.
- Fixing the Omega, damaged at LDRS
- Upscale EAC Viper 4" with 54mm motor mount, dual-deploy.
- Upscale Estes Commuter 4" with 38mm motor, novel ejection - drogue to main-in-bag-with-cutter.
- Replacement Razorback in fiberglass w/54mm motor mount.
- Creating the nosecone spinner - like the old "Moldin' Oldies" had. Testing underway!!
- Repair "Shaky", a 54mm with 4x29mm motors.
- Get the Roton flyable.
- Build a BT55 Superroc for 24mm motors. Should be 90" tall!
- Repaint the PML Amraam 3 and get it ready to fly.
That oughta do it!