030920 - Level 1 flight of the Ariel on an H128 at XPRS - Black Rock.
Eventually I built a 4" minimum diameter rocket to fly for my Level 3 attempt. The first try failed when a shock
cord untied, but my second try in August of 2006 was successful! The Enterprise 98 went to 17,000 feet, on an M2400
Blue Thunder motor, and recovered without damage.
060804 - Aeronaut 2006 - Enterprise 98 on an M2400 for my Level 3!
My collection at Dairy Aire, 2008
Next flight opportunity: With TCV 3/9. Here's some of the stuff I'm considering:
- WAC Corporal on a G77.
- New Bigger Gyroc on a B4-2.
- Higgs Farm on a D12-3, that doesn't blow up.
- Pulsar on an I.
- And it would sure be nice to fly the Magnum on a J540 and 2 x H97.
* - Subject to high-altitude/weather/wind conditions.
Here's what I'm working on.
- Fixing the Omega, damaged at LDRS.
- Fixing the Magnum, internals damaged at LDRS in the Omega.
- Fixing the Betsy Ross, damaged paint on a hard landing.
- Fixing the Squatch, damaged paint on a hard landing.
- Fixing the PML Io, , damaged on a hard landing.
- Upscale EAC Viper 4" with 54mm motor mount, dual-deploy.
- Upscale Estes Commuter 4" with 38mm motor, novel ejection - drogue to main-in-bag-with-cutter.
- Replacement Razorback in fiberglass w/54mm motor mount.
- Creating the nosecone spinner - like the old "Moldin' Oldies" had. Testing underway!!
- Repair "Shaky", a 54mm with 4x29mm motors.
- Get the Roton flyable.
- Build a BT55 Superroc for 24mm motors. Should be 90" tall!
- Repaint the PML Amraam 3 and get it ready to fly.
That oughta do it!