030920 - Level 1 flight of the Ariel on an H128 at XPRS - Black Rock.
Eventually I built a 4" minimum diameter rocket to fly for my Level 3 attempt. The first try failed when a shock
cord untied, but my second try in August of 2006 was successful! The Enterprise 98 went to 17,000 feet, on an M2400
Blue Thunder motor, and recovered without damage.
060804 - Aeronaut 2006 - Enterprise 98 on an M2400 for my Level 3!
My collection at Dairy Aire, 2008
Next flight opportunity: Sept 30, with BRR. Here's some of the stuff I'm considering:
- Lightnin' on a D12-0-to-D12-7 combo.
- Lots of little two-stagers, on the biggest motors around.
- 1/2A and A/B/C gliders.
- Titan 4B on 2xE9-6s and 2xD12-3s.
- Tiny Ptero on an F
- WAC Corporal on a G
- F-Bomb on an E
The flight opportunity after that: Oct 1, with SPAAR at FIG. Here's some of the stuff I'm considering:
- Honest John on a medium I.
* - Subject to high-altitude/weather/wind conditions.
Here's what I'm working on.
- Fixing the Omega, damaged at LDRS
- Fixing the Betsy Ross - paint.
- Fixing the Dead Poole - new booster, sustainer repairs.
- Upscale EAC Viper 4" with 54mm motor mount, dual-deploy.
- Upscale Estes Commuter 4" with 38mm motor, novel ejection - drogue to main-in-bag-with-cutter.
- Replacement Razorback in fiberglass w/54mm motor mount.
- Creating the nosecone spinner - like the old "Moldin' Oldies" had. Testing underway!!
- Repair "Shaky", a 54mm with 4x29mm motors.
- Repair the Upscale Alien Space Probe. Need new, bigger CF tubes and holders for the legs, and a bigger drogue.
- (Scratch) 24mm min diam.
- Build the Baka, and lots of other little stuff.
- Get the Roton flyable.
- Build a BT55 Superroc for 24mm motors. Should be 90" tall!
That oughta do it!