030920 - Level 1 flight of the Ariel on an H128 at XPRS - Black Rock.
Eventually I built a 4" minimum diameter rocket to fly for my Level 3 attempt. The first try failed when a shock
cord untied, but my second try in August of 2006 was successful! The Enterprise 98 went to 17,000 feet, on an M2400
Blue Thunder motor, and recovered without damage.
060804 - Aeronaut 2006 - Enterprise 98 on an M2400 for my Level 3!
My collection at Dairy Aire, 2008
Next flight opportunity: June 10, with NOVAAR at Great Meadows. Here's some of the stuff I'm considering:
- Titan 4B on 2xE9-6s and 2xD12-3s.
- Honest John on a medium I.
- Mohawk on a G25 Moonburner.
- H-Bomb on an F52-11.
* - Subject to high-altitude/weather/wind conditions.
Here's what I'm working on.
- "2x2", a 54mm Min Diam for Aeronaut, using K250s and an L265 Mellow. Should go stupidly high, but lots of technical hurdles
- CF fin tip-to-tip, new Altus Metrum Electronics, etc.
- Upscale EAC Viper 4" with 54mm motor mount, dual-deploy.
- Upscale Estes Commuter 4" with 38mm motor, novel ejection - drogue to main-in-bag-with-cutter.
- Replacement Razorback in fiberglass w/54mm motor mount.
- Creating the nosecone spinner - like the old "Moldin' Oldies" had. Testing underway!!
- Repair "Shaky", a 54mm with 4x29mm motors.
- Repair the Upscale Alien Space Probe. Need new, bigger CF tubes and holders for the legs, and a bigger drogue.
- (Scratch) 24mm min diam.
- Build the Baka, and lots of other little stuff.
- Get the Roton flyable.
- Build a BT55 Superroc for 24mm motors. Should be 90" tall!
- Got a hankering for a 7.5" 54mm something...
Additionally, I bought a another collection, including an old Centuri Saturn 1B, and a dozen other classic rockets.
I'm processing it. Might keep a few, sell a few, and build a few.
That oughta do it!