030920 - Level 1 flight of the Ariel on an H128 at XPRS - Black Rock.
Eventually I built a 4" minimum diameter rocket to fly for my Level 3 attempt. The first try failed when a shock
cord untied, but my second try in August of 2006 was successful! The Enterprise 98 went to 17,000 feet, on an M2400
Blue Thunder motor, and recovered without damage.
060804 - Aeronaut 2006 - Enterprise 98 on an M2400 for my Level 3!
My collection at Dairy Aire, 2008
Next flight opportunity: Blue Ridge, 6/23. Here's some of the stuff I'm considering:
- WAC Corporal on a G77.
- Majestic on an E16.
- Mustang on an F20.
- Lots of smaller stuff.
* - Subject to high-altitude/weather/wind conditions.
Here's what I'm working on.
- Repair the Upscale Alien Space Probe leg.
- Repair the Squatch body with a fiberglass one.
- Replace the 1/2A and A gliders that were lost and destroyed.
- Fiberglass the Tootsie nose cone.
- Fixing the Omega, damaged at LDRS
- Fixing the Dead Poole - new booster, sustainer repairs.
- Upscale EAC Viper 4" with 54mm motor mount, dual-deploy.
- Upscale Estes Commuter 4" with 38mm motor, novel ejection - drogue to main-in-bag-with-cutter.
- Replacement Razorback in fiberglass w/54mm motor mount.
- Creating the nosecone spinner - like the old "Moldin' Oldies" had. Testing underway!!
- Build Big Daddy with 29mm pipe.
- Repair "Shaky", a 54mm with 4x29mm motors.
- (Scratch) 24mm min diam.
- Building lots of other little stuff.
- Get the Roton flyable.
- Build a BT55 Superroc for 24mm motors. Should be 90" tall!
- Repaint the PML Amraam 3 and get it ready to fly.
That oughta do it!