(Freedom oriented titles only are
included here. Books especially recommended are designated by
$$. Direct links to Amazon Books are for books still in
print. Some non-linked books are available via other sources; some
are out of print. I also suggest you check out other titles by the
authors listed here.)
- $$ Atlas
Shrugged John Galt halts the motor
of the world. The essence of Objectivism.
- $$ The
Fountainhead Howard Roark asserts
his rights against those who would destroy him.
the Living Kira Argounova fights
against the newly created Soviet tyranny.
- Anthem A short book in which Equality 7-2521 discovers the
forbidden glory of "I."
of Stars Capitalist Anson Guthrie
fights against the Avantists to reach freedom.
- THX 1138 A
novelization of George Lucas's film; better than the movie.
and Consent Political novel in which
those opposing communism face implacable foes.
- Farnham's Freehold End of civilization story and a chance to kindle a
- $$ The
Moon is a Harsh Mistress When a free
society on the moon battles Earth.
- $$ The Past Through Tomorrow A collection of Future History stories and
- $$ Starship
Troopers What does it mean to be a
- Mirror Maze The Constitutionalists have won the presidency. Will
they lose the country?
- $$ Voyage
From Yesteryear A free colony says
"no!" when old masters return to reclaim them.
- Double Crossing A man seeks his liberty from Russia.
- Eye for an Eye A woman whose daughter was raped and murdered seeks
justice on her own.
Miserables The classic tale of Jean
Valjean and his persecution by Inspector Javert.
of Impact A former sniper who has
forsworn killing is lured into stalking another target.
Jones, D. F.
The basis for the classic, 1970, sf movie, "Forbin: The Colossus
Nelson, O. T.
Ross, E. G.
Russell, Eric Frank
- Next of Kin (aka, The Space
Willies) A humorous tale of one
man conquering a planet.
Schulman, J. Neil
Smith, L. Neil
Mitzvah A Catholic priest learns the truth of his Jewish past
and changes his mind about guns.
Probability Broach An alternate
history novel. When the statists get a second chance.
- The Venus Belt A sequel.
18 A good portrayal of the Warsaw
Uprising during WWII and the importance of self-defense.
- Across Realtime (includes The Peace
War and Marooned in Realtime)
Peace, but at what price?
Deepness in the Sky An alien race of
"spiders" which teaches humans about freedom.
Wilson, F. Paul
- Implant A rogue doctor aiming for revenge.
- The LaNague Chronicles (includes An
Enemy of the State and Wheels Within Wheels) $$
- Reborn The first of the Repairman Jack
- The Select
When medical students learn just what it means to be
- Soft and Others Short story collection.
(A highly selective list of significant
or interesting titles I've read.)
Law This early Nineteenth Century
book demonstrates the problems with ignoring freedom.
- Science Under Seige A good survey of junk science and how to combat
Art of Reasoning A good, basic
introduction to logic and reasoning.
- The Evidence of the
Senses An objective, realistic way
of dealing with perception.
Life of One's One An overview of
government welfare and how it violates rights.
Langguth, A. J.
- Patriots An engrossing history of the Revolution. A history
that views the Founders as people.
- Individuals and Their
Rights Good explanation of
individualism and objective values.
Miller, Sherod, Wackman, Daniel, Nunnally,
Elam, and Saline, Carol
- Straight Talk An approach to interpersonal communication consonant
O'Rourke, P. J.
the Rich A humorous/serious overview
of free and non-free societies.
Smith, George H.
Von Mises, Ludwig
Back to Home
- A Critique of
Interventionism Classic evaluation
of statism in the early part of this century.
- Omnipotent Government The problems with an all-powerful State.
- Planning for Freedom Essays intended for a more general audience.