Michele Wright Potter
Master's in Librarianship (MLS),
University of Washington, Graduate School
of Library and Information Science,
Seattle, WA -- 1996
Specialization in on-line searching and database design for technical libraries
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities, University of Oregon -- 1993
Minor in Business Administration
University of California, Riverside, Riverside, California
--October, 1996 to present
- Selected print and electronic materials to support teaching and research in the College of Engineering.
- Performed general science reference.
- Maintained office hours in the College of Engineering to build relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- Instructed individuals and groups of faculty, staff and students in the use of library resources.
- Developed extensive web pages in support of engineering instruction and research.
- Designed and conducted one-on-one tutorials for library colleagues in various areas of new technology and specific software packages.
- Contributed on committees and task forces to the opening of the new Science Library.
- Acted as Reference Services Coordinator from October 1998-.
- Co-authored Library Kiosk on Macromedia Director.
- Standardized library pathfinders and made them available on the web.
AT&T Wireless Services, Aviation Communications Division, Seattle, Washington
Technical Librarian/Document Coordinator
--June, 1994 to August, 1996
- Established and maintained library of periodicals, technical documents and standards.
- Designed library materials database on Informix.
- Created and maintained company home-pages and on-line library services.
- Performed Internet and database searches for large engineering staff.
- Set specifications for and supervised the creation of a company-wide, on-line documentation system.
- Online Databases: Dialog, STN, MELVYL/CDL
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Macintosh, DOS, Windows 95/NT
- Office: Microsoft Office, WordPerfect, Lotus, Eudora, Outlook
- Database: Access, Informix, SQL
- Computer Languages: Visual Basic, Perl, C, C++
- Other Multimedia: familiarity with Macromedia Director
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
Vice Chair, Librarians Association of the University of California - Riverside Division (LAUC-R) (1999-2000)
Secretary, Librarians Association of the University of California - Riverside Division (LAUC-R) (1998-99)
Professional development grant (See-UCR: Is off-the-shelf Video technology Ready for Video Reference) - LAUC-R
Member, Special Libraries Association
Koon Family Endowed Fellow, U.W. Graduate School of Library and Information Science