Porterdale Mill on the Yellow River
NAMED for: Oliver S. Porter, Mill Owner

 

 

This badge was issued in the 1940's, to Bibb employees, for security during World War II. This Badge belonged to Robert Hodges, who worked in the "Old Mill" for at least 20 years and until his death in 1967.  Robert was a maintenance man on all the machinery, repaired, fixed and provided periodic care.  His wife Mattie Bell Head Hodges, worked in the Osprey Mill, until she retired, after almost 30 years.

This picture and information provided by Ralph Hodges.