|Paul V. Miller Professional Experience 2004 - 2007
Redcats USA, New York, NY
Web Designer, Senior Web Designer
- Designed, coded and maintained high-traffic websites consistent with the marketing strategies and branding of major-label clothing retailers.
- Worked with marketing department to develop and code graphical emails for clothing brands sent to up to 500,000+ subscribers nationwide. Examples available.
- Project leader and liaison between clients, senior executives, and creative departments, designing, modifying and fully implementing projects under tight deadlines.
- Art director for multiple national brands - translated branding strategies into live websites and online marketing materials that led to measurable increases in sales.
- Developed brand continuity strategies between catalog, website and email designs.
- Found innovative ways to get people's attention without annoying them (low drop-out rate for all brands).
2001 - 2003
Fund for the City of New York, New York, NY
Program Associate - Web Applications Developer
- Supervised the technical aspects of the E-Community Connect Youth Tech Corps program, which provided computer instruction and technology internships to underprivileged youth, ages 15-21.
- Developed and taught youth computer classes at the Fund's Nonprofit Computer Academy and at New Heights Community Center in Washington Heights.
- Worked with Youth Tech Corps members to formulate project goals (e.g. developing a community Web portal), and acted as a mentor in the development of various Internet applications.
- Promoted from consultant to full-time, in-house Web Applications Developer.
Consultant, Nonprofit Computer Academy (NCA)
- Responsible for designing curricula and drafting instruction booklets for classes in Web design, Web coding, Microsoft Office and a range of graphics software packages, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Flash for the NCA, which provides computer training to over 5,000 employees of nonprofit agencies each year.
- Taught classes at the NCA and traveled to client offices to provide instruction.
- Designed and coded original Web sites for more than 30 nonprofits.
ITWorld.com, New York, NY
Web Design Tutorial Writer
- Responsible for writing instructional online newsletter read by over 20,000 subscribers each week. Covered latest innovations in basic and advanced Web Production, HTML code, Flash, and graphic design programs.
International Center of Photography, New York, NY
- Instructed beginning photography classes. Taught technical and stylistic basics of black and white film photography and trained students in all aspects of photo production.
1998 - 2001
PR Newswire, San Francisco, CA and New York, NY
- Responsible for evaluation and all aspects of digital editing and retouching of photos.
- Wrote captions; submitted photos to Associated Press and other national photo wires.
- Edited press releases for grammatical and syntactical clarity.
- Helped writers develop effective press releases.
- Worked with other departments (Photo Department, Client Services) to streamline distribution process.
- Promoted to Photo Editor - re-located to New York by the company.
- Received press releases and formatted text in A.P. style; edited copy.
- Verified quotes and other facts stated within an article.
- Regularly communicated with clients on the status of press releases.
- Promoted to Editor.
Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature
Additional coursework completed in writing, photography and film.
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
Multimedia Studies Program
Extensive training and experience in traditional and digital photography including, but not limited to, production, editing and retouching.
Exceptionally strong written and verbal skills and editorial expertise.
Good juggling skills (both literally and metaphorically).