Project Topic Brainstorming
- Outlaw genes vs. longevity (ALife)
- Strange loops via sexual selection
- one chromosome on males codes for characteristics females
- femals have chromosome which codes for which
characteristics they desire
- Neural nets evolving to find food or avoid predators in an
environment (an arms race?)
- I'm not happy with methods which evolve blueprint for NNs.
I prefer a 'recipe' method (a 'grammar'?)
- If you have an MLP, how are you going to outperform
- GAs to optimize generalization/accuracy tradeoff?
- Adaptive recombination (any clever ideas?) Selfish genes?
- Extended phenotypes? How?
- Adaptive representations (what are the open questions here?)
Sounds interesting - i.e. "messy" algorithms, but what kind of
- Adaptive mutation and crossover rates.
Papers Index |
Hot Links |
Fringe & Controversial
Science | Space
SETI | Tangled
Hierarchies | After the End of the World |
Our Guestbook |