This line of Parkers begins in Nansemond County, VA. The line DOES NOT connect back to the Parkers of Browsholme Hall in England. That family has an extensive family history, with portraits, online. This line is also now known (2012 DNA research) to not belong to Wuanita Powell's Richard Parker, son of James and Katherine (Buller) Parker, and subject of her 2005 position paper entitled "Three Richard Parkers".
1. Thomas Parker, (1650-1717)
Thomas Parker was born about 1650. He patented land between 1679 and 1683 in Nansemond County, VA. Nansemond County records were destroyed by fire, and so little is known about out Parker family there.
Thomas Parker married Jean or Jane EARLY, the daughter of William and Ellender EARLY.
The Parker family resided in the part of Nansemond County, VA which later became Chowan County, North Carolina.
Thomas Parker died in OCT 1717 in Chowan County, NC. His wife Jean/Jane died in 1735.
The children of Thomas Parker and Jean/Jane EARLY were:
- Peter Parker - married Elizabeth.
- Thomas Parker, Jr. - b. 1685 d. after 27 DEC 1761 in Bertie County, NC, he married Hannah and Jean.
- Joseph Parker - d. before JAN 1749/50, he married Ruth.
- Sarah Parker - married Benjamin EVANS.
- John Parker, Sr. - see the next section.
- William Parker - d. before JUL 1751 in Chowan County, NC, he married Ann KING.
- Francis Parker - d. 1746 Edgecombe County, NC, he married Elizabeth THOMAS.
- James Parker - married Sarah.
2. John Parker, Sr., (1692-1761)
John Parker, Sr. was born 1692 in Nansemond County, VA. He married to Mary STONE.
John Parker wrote his will on 11 MAY 1761 in Chowan County, NC. The will went to probate in SEP 1761.
Mary Stone Parker died before 6 OCT 1770.
The children of John Parker, Sr. and Mary STONE were:
- Gabriel Parker, Sr. - b. 1719, d. 1789 Johnston Co., NC, he married Famoriah "Fanny" and Selah.
- John Parker, Jr. - see the next section.
- Aaron Parker -
- Sarah Parker - m. William AMMONS
- Margaret Parker -
- Elizabeth Parker -
3. John Parker, Jr. (1721-1803)
While it is clear that John Parker (1692-1761) had a son John Jr., there is still speculation about which John Parker in the area is that son. Our line is presented here:
John Parker, Jr. was born 1721 in Chowan County, NC. He married Patience Humphrey, daughter of Robert and Matheis Humphrey between 1760 and 1770.
John Parker began purchasing land in Edgecombe County, NC in 1784, then sold all of it in 1790.
In 1791 he shows up in Washington County, GA. Then records list him variously in Greene County, Elbert County, and Hancock County.
John Parker wrote his will some time around 1799. The will was not dated.
John Parker died sometime before 12 NOV 1799 when he is mentioned in Deed Book D as being John Parker Sr. deceased. His estate was brought to probate seemingly in 1803 in Greene County, GA.
The children of John Parker, Jr. and Patience Humphrey were:
- Elizabeth Parker -
- Daughter Parker - married to Henry BANKSTON.
- Mary Parker - married to Nathan ATKINSON.
- Charlotte Parker -
- John Parker, III - b. 1722, dc. 1835 in Hancock County, GA, he married Millie EAST.
- Rachel Parker - see the next section.
4. Rachel Parker
Rachel Parker was born about 1770, possibly in North Carolina. She married to Hezekiah Howell about 1790 in Georgia.