1. Robert Humphrey, Sr.
I have no dates for the birth or death of Robert Humphrey, Sr. I have 3 deed records only.
On 1 FEB 1725 Robert Humphrey received a land grant of 200 acres in Bertie Precinct, NC on Conaconnara Swamp. On 2 FEB 1729/30 Robert and his wife Elizabeth sold 150 acres of that grant. The remaining 50 acres of land was in Edgecombe County, NC when it was formed. On 17 JUL 1735 Robert and Elizabeth Humphrey sold that 50 acres.
Robert and Elizabeth Humphrey had at least one son:
- Robert Humphrey, Jr. - see the next section.
2. Robert Humphrey, Jr., (before 1714 - c. 1762)
Robert Humphrey Jr. was born before 1714. He witnessed the final deed of his parents in 1735 and would need to be 21 to do that.
In 1757 Robert Humphrey bought land in Edgecombe County, NC from a Joseph Howell. It is not known whether this Joseph Howell belongs in our family line of Howells, but it is more likely that he is Old Joseph Howell, Revolutionary soldier of Edgecombe Co., NC.
Robert Humphrey married a woman named Matheis or Mathew. They had 7 children:
- Thomas Humphrey -
- Isum/Isham Humphrey - moved to Georgia and lived near his sister Patience. Isham was mentioned in court records of his brother-in-law John Parker. Isham died before 8 SEP 1804 in Hancock County, GA.
- Matthew Humphrey - married a woman Ann.
- Robert Humphrey - married Murphrey or Murphree Howell, and died about FEB 1785 in Edgecombe County, NC. Murphree Howell was the daughter of Old Joseph Howell, Revolutionary War soldier of Edgecombe County, NC and is not the same person as my ancestor Joseph Howell of Union Co., SC and Hancock Co., GA.
- Elsey Humphrey -
- Mary Humphrey -
- Patience Humphrey - see the next section.
3. Patience Humphrey
I have no date of birth for Patience Humphrey. She married John Parker sometime in the 1760s in Edgecombe County, NC. The descendants of John and Patience (Humphrey) Parker can be found on the PARKER family page.