John Hodge, (16?? - 1679)
John Hodge is the only known ancestor in this lineage. I have found no information to help estimate a birth year. The first record for John Hodge is the 18 JAN 1677/78 court record naming his wife, Margaret Hodge as the relict (widow) of John Cooper of Surry County, Virginia. John Hodge then wrote his own will on 17 MAY 1679 and it was probated on 1 JUL 1679 in Surry County.
Margaret Hodge, wife of John Hodge was born Margaret PHILLIPS. She first married John COOPER. John and Margaret Cooper had one daughter:
- Elizabeth Cooper - bc. 1675/76 m. Edward ROWELL
Margaret (Phillips) Cooper second married to John Hodge. They had two children:
- James Hodge -
- Mary Hodge - bc. 1678 Surry County, VA. She was married to Bray HARGRAVE by 1690. See the HARGRAVE Family Chapter for more information about them and their descendants.
By 1 JUL 1679 Margaret Phillips Cooper Hodge was known as Margaret Hunnicutt, relict of John Hodge, wife of Augustine HUNNICUTT. Augustine and Margaret Hunnicutt had three children of their own:
- Katherine Hunnicutt - m. Charles PITT
- Ann Hunnicutt - m. Augustine BERRYMAN
- Augustine Hunnicutt, Jr. - m. unknown and had children. He dc. 1743 Surry County, VA.