A parish priest in Dublin, Ireland, got tired of listening to the same old excuses from people who donít attend church. So he wrote the following and printed it in the Sunday bulletin:
Ten Reasons Why I Never Wash
Exact Origin Unknown
- I was forced to wash as a child.
- People who wash are hypocrites. They think they are cleaner than everyone else.
- There are so many different kinds of soap, I could never decide which one was right.
- I used to wash, but it got boring so I stopped.
- I wash only on special occasions, like Easter and Christmas.
- None of my friends wash.
- Iím still young. When Iím older and have gotten a bit dirtier, I might start washing.
- I really donít have time to wash.
- The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
- People who make soap are only after your money.
- I get along very well without washing.
- I work hard all week and am too tired to take a bath on the weekend.
- The first bar of soap I ever used gave me a rash, so I haven't gone near soap since!
| Back: Religion, an Exact Science | Next: Mary's Dream | Apologetics Index | Site Index | Home Page |