THE EASTERN CATHOLIC NET RING
Updated 10 September 2000
Announcement: This Ring has moved to Ringsurf.com! Members must reapply below.
The Eastern Catholic Net Ring links together various web sites about Eastern Rite Catholicism, an aspect of the Catholic Church which is largely unknown in the West.
All Eastern Catholic sites which are in union with the Pope are welcome and encouraged to apply, so that all who travel this ring can discover the rich variety of non-Roman rites in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Any site is welcome on this ring as long as it fulfills all of the following requirements (please read them carefully):
The Ringmanager reserves the absolute right to exclude from the ring any site which does not meet all of the above criteria.
- It must pertain to one of the twenty-two Eastern Rites in union with Pope John Paul II. This means that Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Old Catholic or other independent Catholic or autocephalous churches which are not in union with the Pope of Rome cannot be included on this particular ring. (There are some other rings which such churches can join; search the RingSurf or WebRing sites for details.)
- All, or a significant part, of the site content must be about Eastern Catholicism. Thus personal home pages may be included if they contain substantial information on Eastern Catholicism.
- Most of the sites on the ring will probably be ones created by Eastern Catholics themselves. Yet, because we are all one Church, any site about Eastern Catholicism made by a Roman Catholic can also be considered for inclusion in the ring as long as it is accurate, favorable to the Eastern Rites and does not promote any form of Latinization or the notion that the Latin Rite is in any way "superior" to all other rites.
Regarding sites which are solely about the Latin Rite (or "Roman Catholicism"): since this is specifically an Eastern Catholic ring, we regret that we cannot include pages which exclusively discuss the Latin Rite. Such sites may, of course, be wonderful, and the Latin Rite is the sister of all the Eastern Rites, for both are under the same Holy Father. But this particular ring is for Eastern Rites only. (Roman Catholic sites can join a number of other Catholic rings, see the RingSurf or WebRing sites for details on those.)
- There must be NO pornography or obscenity of any kind anywhere on the site (I don't think any such pages will apply for inclusion, but I might as well add that requirement anyway).
Neither the Eastern Catholic Net Ring, its Ringmanager, the members of the ring or Ringsurf.com is liable for any member that changes his or her site after being accepted into the ring. Any site in the ring found to violate the rules of the Eastern Catholic Net Ring will be removed and its webmaster notified as to why it was removed.
If the above describes your page, you can join the ring by doing the following:
If you are already a member of the Eastern Catholic Net Ring, you can edit your Site information from this page.
- Go to the following URL and enter all your info: All resubmissions from old Webring will be added immediately.
- Download the following two ring graphics:
- Paste the HTML fragment found on this page to the bottom of your home page (or the page on your site which you are connecting to the ring, if only part of your site will be included). Remember to alter it where necessary, adding your email address, name and Site ID where requested. The finished product should look like the one at the bottom of this page.
- Email me to tell me that you put the HTML fragment on your page. I will check it and add it to the ring.
When finished, your link will look something like this one:
| Back: Eastern Catholic Links | Joyful Catholicism Index | Site Index | Home Page |