Certain Bible verses are commonly, but mistakenly, cited in an attempt to "debunk" Catholicism. The following series of short articles show that the Catholic Faith is thoroughly Biblical, when both the Bible and Catholicism are properly understood!
If you're a Catholic who was recently "challenged" from the Bible, check if the passage in question is listed below. If not, please email it to me and I'll work on an answer.
You can also view this list arranged by topic
More to come soon, God willing!
- Exodus 20:4-5...Do Catholics Worship Graven Images? (also covers Deuteronomy 5:8-9)
- Verses Used Against Marian Teachings (all on one page):
Jeremiah 7:18...Queen of Heaven? (also covers Jeremiah 44:17-26)
Matthew 12:46-50...Who Is My Mother? (also covers Mark 3:31-35; Lk 8:19-21)
Matthew 13:54-56...Mary Isn't Ever-Virgin? (also covers Mark 6:3)
- Matthew 6:7...Vain Repetition?
- Matthew 23:9...Call No Man Father?
- John 6:63...Is Jesus' Flesh Useless?
- Acts 10:25-26...Pope Worship?
- Ephesians 2:8-9...Not By Works
- Colossians 2:18-19...Don't Pray to Angels? (also covers Revelations 22:8-9)
- I Timothy 2:5...One Mediator
- I Timothy 4:1-5...Forbidding Marriage and Meat?
- Hebrews 10:10-14...Does Jesus "Die Again" at Mass?
- Revelations 2:6, 15...Nicolaitans = Catholic Clergy?
- Revelations 2:16-29...Thyatira = Catholic Church?
- Revelation 17...The Whore of Babylon?
Note: In order to accomodate "KJV Only" Protestants (who believe the King James Version is the "only inspired version of the Bible"), all Scripture quotes in the above articles come from the KJV, unless otherwise noted.
| Next: Graven Images? | Apologetics Index | Site Index | Home Page |