Online Portfolio: be.net/mrhook
LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mrhook
Graphic Designer and Freelance Illustrator with over 15 years of experience producing digital & traditional artwork. Proven track record of meeting tight deadlines and streamlining production processes. Extensive knowledge of vector-based graphics, digital painting and 3D modeling software. Committed to student mentoring and community services. Intellectually curious self-starter with excellent organizational and creative skills.
Sign-A-Rama (Printing Industry) Omaha, NE
July 2013 – Present
• Designing logos and signage for a wide variety of sign printing applications, mostly vinyl prints ranging from small indoor sign graphics to large outdoor illuminated signs. Assisting with various aspects of print production, including: vehicle wraps, monument markers, conference displays, lawn banners, etc.
Photography Studio Sales Associate
CPI Corp – Sears Portrait Studio (Retail Industry) Omaha, NE
2012 – 2013 (6 months)
• Posed and took photographic portraits of individuals or groups ranging from newborns to adults. Selected backdrops and props for portraits. Composed and edited pictures digitally. Sold prints and digital copies of photos directly to customers.
Graphic Designer / Architectural Illustrator
Leo A Daly (Architecture & Planning Industry) Omaha, NE
2002 – 2011 (9 years)
• Architectural rendering in both traditional and digital mediums. Helped streamline digital modeling and illustration process to meet tight deadlines. Coordinated with marketing dept. for conference and in-house displays. Developed curriculum for in-house software training seminars.
• 2003 - Architectural Illustrators Team Award
• 2008 - Individual Award for Artistry
(Architecture & Planning Industry) Omaha, NE 1996 - present
• Generated digital 3D models of sanctuary and gymnasium stages for local church.
Freelance Illustrator / Concept Artist
(Fine Art Industry) Omaha, NE 1996 - present
• Designed and illustrated various card art concepts for Quest Cards, an RPG/card game published by Fuller Flippers LLC.
Digital Artist / Colorist
(Internet Industry) Omaha, NE 1996 - present
• Colored a couple of issues for an online graphic novel called "Defining Moments" (issues #2 and #4) for local church.
Minnesota State University Moorhead
Bachelor of Fine Arts, December 22, 1995 - Cum Laude
Major: Pictorial Illustration - GPA: 3.55
Peter Kiewit Institute (Architecture & Planning Industry) Omaha, NE
SAME Student Mentoring Program
• Developed and taught SketchUp workshops for various age groups at annual student design competition.
Multi-media Consultant / Graphic Designer
Christ Community Church, Omaha, NE
• Designed various graphics for worship services, sermon series, community events, etc. Part of media team that directs cameras and displays graphics during worship services.
Operating Systems: Macintosh OS (7, 8, 9, X, Lion) Windows (95, 98, 2000, NT, XP, Vista, 7)