- Name? (This doesn't really matter, but it's always done.)
- Age? (If any.)
- Sex? (Cross out word not applicable.)
- Colour? (If uncertain send photograph.)
- Do you play any musical instrument?
- Do you play the bassoon?
- Why don't you play the bassoon?
- Why do you play the bassoon? (Humour is deprecated.)
- Have you ever played the bassoon? If so, why did you give up?
- Why did they complain?
- Do any of your family play the bassoon?
- Have any of your family other bad habits?
- How, when, and where, do you buy your bassoons?
- Have you previously confined yourself to any one make of bassoon? Why?
- How do you like your bassoon packed?
- Did you find bassoon playing affected your health?
- Did you find bassoon playing affect anyone else's health?
- Yet, but she had never been strong. Are you sure it was the bassoon?
- Are you aware how little a really first-rate bassoon costs?
- Would you like to earn money in your spare time?
- Do you think bassoons should have moustache shields?
- Have you ever known an accident occur through the absence of a moustache shield? Give details.
- Are you in favour of Locarno?
- Do you know what a bassoon is, anyway?
from: Balchin, Nigel
How to Run a Bassoon Factory; or, Business Explained. (London: H. Hamilton, 1934).
Return to "Bassoon: Musical Instrument as Cultural Object".