Information on James, William, Richard, John and Anthony is taken from Ole Man River by Norman Parks. Undocumented statements should be considered speculation. If you find any sources to support the undocumented statements, please contact me. Thank you Mike Milam email@example.com.
James Crafton born circa 1710-15 probably King William County, VA died 1779. He married Karrenhappuch (named after one of Jobs daughters). Karrenhapprich lived to be 100 years old, she died 1815. James and Karrenhapprich had at least nine children.
1. William CRAFTON according to Norman Parks wrote that b 1715 King William County, Virginia died 1828 Lunenburg County, Virginia md Sarah Tatum. Their children include Sarah md Seth Farley 20 Feb., 1780 (Rev war hero)Lun.Co.; John b ca 1760 died after 1828 md Sally Staples 1 Feb., 1787 Lun. co. (filed for rev. pension); William Jr. died before 1828 Charlotte County, VA md 1807 Polly Nance (2) Wealthy Haley -- No heirs; Sarah; Kerenhappuch md april 1785--Benjamin Rucks had son John Rucks (In grandfathers will). Info on William from the book Ole Man River by Norman Parks
2. Richard CRAFTON Norman Parks says Richard was born 1740 King William died 1827 Lunenburg Co. VA md 1766 Sarah Staples(2) Nancy Martin 26 Sept 1799 Lun. Children include 1. Richard Jr. b 1779 died 1852 md Leona W. Cooksey on 15 Aug. 1836. Their children are Madison b 1837 md Frances E Farley 1861; Lucious b 1839; Aurelius Sidney b 1842; Thomas V. b 1845. 2. Frederick b 1780 died 1851 first wife unknown, second wife is Mourning Crafton 25 Dec 1846(dau of James JR.) 3. John died 1852 Charlotte County VA 4 . Elizabeth md 1807 Richard Alderson child from 2nd marriage. 5. Bennett b 1800 died 1859 md 2 Sept. 1825 Elizabeth Russell Lunenburg (To Williamson Co. TN ca 1837-38 Elizabeth's Children: Permelia b 1822; Thomas b 1826; William b 1828; Mary C. b 1832; Nancy b 1833; Elizabeth. 6. Felix b 1801 died 1848 md 1821 Nancy Poole Children: Cornelius b 1844 (civil war) to Dyer Co. TN and others. 7. Elisha md 1821 Elizabeth Bates. Info on Richard from the book Ole Man River, by Norman Parks
3. John CRAFTON Norman Parks says John was born 1746 King Wm, VA died 1816 Williamson CO.TN married Elizabeth FOSTER 25 Dec 1766 in Lunenburg. Their children include: 1. A Daughter born ca 1769 died young and left son Daniel b 1788. She md Daniel Wilkes (by) 1787 2.Elizabeth b ca1772 md 10 April 1789 Robert Sammons. 3.Robert "Bobb" b Charlotte Co, VA 1772 died 1823 Ballard Co., Ky md 20 Dec 1786 Sarah Shelburne 4.Mary Singleton b ca 1778 VA md 9 Nov, 1797, George Cole. 5.Sarah Bennett b 1783 died 1867 Williamson Co. TN md 22 Dec 1802 James Shelburn. 6.James b ca 1780 died 1809 Williamson County TN md 1800 Sarah Wilkes. 7.Jemima b 1792 died 1834 Williamson County, TN md 23 Oct 1810 Andrew Craig. (in Williamson Co. Tn) Info on John Crafton from the book Ole Man River by Norman Parks.
4. Anthony CRAFTON Norman Parks writes: -4. Anthony b 1747 King William Co. VA died ca 1838 Spencer Co. KY md ca 1771 Mary Tatum b ca 1762 died after 1828 Father Benjamin Tatum children include:
1.[JANE nicknamed]Jinsey b 1779 Chesterfield Co., VA Md 18 Nov 1795 George Milum (Char.Co. VA) [WILLIAM MILAM SAYS HIS MOTHER'S NAME IS JANE CRAFTON BUT WHEN SHE IS MARRIED TO GEORGE MILAM SHE GOES BY JINSEY, NORMAN ALSO USES THE PHONETIC SPELLING FOR GEORGE MILAM'S NAME THE CLERK USED WHEN THE WEDDING WAS RECORDED]
2. Lucy b ca 1780 Charlotte or Lun. Co VA md 1806 John Winegardener-Linc. Co. KY.
3. Tempy b 1781 ? md 4 Sept 1797 Lincoln Co. KY.
4. Anthony Jr. b 1782 died 1859 KY md 27 Nov 1805 (1) Christina Snyder (Shelby Co. KY)(Christinas father was Harmon and her mother was Elizabeth Bowman of Nelson County KY) Children of Anthony Jr.(He may have been married twice) 1. Delilah b 1806 Shelby md 1824 Cornelius Snyder (Spencer Co. KY) 2. Eliza b 1808 " died aft 1824 md solomon White 27 Feb 1824 3. Hugh b 1810 4. Harmon s. b 1812 " md 15 Feb 1851 Mary Jane Montgomery (Bourbon Co. KY) 5. Harrison S. b 1814 6. Christena b 1816 md April 1 1835 Adonizah Hill (Anderson Co. KY) 7. Mary b 1818 md 12 Jan 1835 Jack Morgan (J.W.) 8. Anthony b 1819 md Amanda Barkley 9. Jacob b 1820 10. Eliza b 2 May 1825 Spencer Co. KY died 3 Aug 1871 Terra Haute IN md Feb 28, 1841 Nathan W. White (Spencer) 11. William S. b 1822 Shelby Co., KY 12. Harriet b 1827-30 Anderson Co. KY (formed in 1827) md 5 Sept 1852 George W. Snyder/Snider 13. Amasetta b 1826 Spencer Co md 4 Sept 1848 William S. Jewell
5. Mary b ca 1783 md 24 April 1801(Nelson Co) John Stares
6. John b 1787 (On Nelson county tax list in 1808)
7. Dora b 1789 md 13 March 1805 (Shelby County KY) Jessee Martin
8. Delilah b 20 Oct, 1790 died 15 July, 1861 Butler Co. KY Md 19 April 1809, Shelby Co. KY to John William Phegley b 24 July 1789 died 8 Feb. 1875 Butler Co. KY Children: 1. Seymore b 1810 Shelby Co. KY md 17 Dec 1834 (1) Martha Ann Hobdy (2) Mary C. Taylor 15 August 1864 in Ohio Co. KY 2. America b 25 Dec 1814 KY died 6 Feb 1886 md 2 Feb 1839-W.A.H. Martin 3. Virginia b 1815 Shelby CO.KY died in the 1880's prob Arkansas md James T. Brown 14 Sept 1835 , Butler Co. 4. Porter Leo b KY 5. Merry Fields b 1 April 1818 Butler Co. died 10 July 1891, Burleson Co. TX md 10 March 1845 Sally Ann Porter 6. Cicero
9. Bennett b 1790 Charlotte Co VA died after 1860 Spencer Co. KY md 18 September 1817 Alice Lunderman in Nelson Co. KY.
10. Elijah b ca 1791
11. William b ca 1792-1803
12. Elizabeth b 1798 Lincoln Co. KY md 21Jan 1817 Elijah Allen (Shelby Co.)
13. Patsy b ca 1800 md 25 Dec 1817 John Vanderventer (Shelby Co. KY)
14. Jane b ca 1801 md 29 Aug 1819 Thomas Edwards (Shelby Co.KY)
5. Thomas CRAFTON died 1818 in Lunenburg Co., VA married Mary SAMMONS 1785 in Lunenburg Co., VA.
6. James CRAFTON married Frances STAPLES 10 Dec 1777 in Lunenburg Co., VA John CRAFTON, security. (James, father gave his consent, so he must have been underage.)
7. Joseph CRAFTON married 1785/86 Patsy Stembridge in Lunenburg Co., VA. He died 1805 in probably Hardin Co., KY.
8. Ann CRAFTON born abt 1753 married Reuben TATUM
9. Elizabeth CRAFTON married a man with the surname ROBINSON. She died before 1777. Her children are listed in her father's will.
James Crafton's will
September 4th 1777
In the name of God Amen. I, James Crafton of Charlotte County
weak in body but in perfect mind and memory thanks be to Almighty God for it but considering the uncertainty of this transitory life: I do make and ordain this my last will and testament that is to say first of all I give my Soul into the hands of Almighty God who gave it and my body to the earth from whence it came to be buried in a Christianlike manner at the discretion of my executors and as touching such worldly estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me with I give in the following manner: Item I give and bequeath to my loving wife Karrenhapprich Crafton all my hole estate real and personal during her widowhood or her natural life and then to be divided among my my children, William Crafton, Richard Crafton, John Crafton, Anthony Crafton, Thomas Crafton, James Crafton, Joseph Crafton, Ann Tatum and my daughter Elizabeth Robertson's part is to be equally divided between all her children to be paid by my executors to them as they come to age and I do utterly deny and disannul all wills legacies before this my last will and I do appoint my wife and my son John Crafton as executors:
Signed, Sealed and delivered in presents of
Anthony Fullilove his
his James C x Crafton
John x Arvin mark
At a Court held for Lunenburg County the 12th day of May 1779.
The above written last will and Testament of James Crafton deceased
And exhibited in court by the executrix and executor therein named and was proved by the oaths of the witnesses thereto subscribed which was ordered to be recorded and on the motion of the said executrix and executor (who made oath according to law certificate is granted them for obtaining probate of the said will in due form) they giving bond with security entered into and acknowledged Bond for that purpose according to law.
Recorded Will Book 3 Wm. Taylor CLC
A copy Teste:
W. R. Moore, Clerk
by Grace T. Marshall D.C.
Circuit Court of Lunenburg
Please send any comments or information with sources to Mike Milam, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors to this page are free to use the information contained for research purposes. Please acknowledge this source, and if creating a web page make a link to it.