Descendants of Charles Perry
Generation No. 1
1. CHARLES1 PERRY was born February 14, 1810 in Toronto, Ont. Canada, and died September 04, 1891 in Gainesville,
Ga.. He married MARY MARGARET MEW Abt. 1848 in Savannah, Ga., daughter of MACAMEE MEW and ANN SMITH. She was born 1819 in
Beaufort Co., S. Carolina, and died May 14, 1891 in Gainesville, Ga..
Children of CHARLES PERRY and MARY MEW are:
2. i. CHARLES ERSKINE2 PERRY, b. May 27, 1856, Savannah, Ga. ?; d. August 15, 1900, ?.
3. ii. HENRY H. PERRY, b. September 1851, Ga.; d. 1932, Gainesville, Ga..
4. iii. ANNIE PERRY, b. December 19, 1858, Ga.; d. January 10, 1935, Gainesville, Ga..
iv. STUART J. PERRY, b. May 16, 1849, SAvannah, Ga. ?; d. August 18, 1867, Savannah, Ga..
More About STUART J. PERRY:
Fact 1: August 18, 1867, drowned in Savannah River-body not found
Fact 2: Confederate soldier-listed on parents monument.
Generation No. 2
2. CHARLES ERSKINE2 PERRY (CHARLES1) was born May 27, 1856 in Savannah, Ga. ?, and died August 15, 1900
in ?. He married MARGARET ROCHELLE STARKE October 16, 1888 in Gainesville, Ga., daughter of JAMES STARKE and SELINA (MRS.).
She was born November 27, 1868 in Enterprise, Fla..
Children of CHARLES PERRY and MARGARET STARKE are:
5. i. DOUGLAS STARKE3 PERRY, b. September 27, 1890, Dallas, Tx maybe; d. May 29, 1944, Dallas, Tx.
ii. IRENE ERSKINE PERRY, b. June 08, 1892, Dallas, Tx maybe.
3. HENRY H.2 PERRY (CHARLES1) was born September 1851 in Ga., and died 1932 in Gainesville, Ga.. He married
(1) FRANCIS GRATTON, daughter of DAVIS LEWIS and MARTHA E.. She was born August 16, 1851 in unknown, and died April 16, 1888
in Gainesville, Ga.. He married (2) IDA EVANS Abt. 1892. She was born January 1869 in Ga., and died 1943 in Gainesville,
Children of HENRY PERRY and FRANCIS GRATTON are:
i. FANNY3 PERRY, b. February 04, 1881, unknown; d. April 30, 1901, unknown.
ii. CHARLLIE PERRY, b. October 1882.
iii. MARY ELLA PERRY, b. December 1887.
iv. INFANT DAUGHTER, b. September 22, 1879; d. September 22, 1879, Gainesville, Ga..
v. MATTIE, b. June 14, 1884; d. September 13, 1885.
vi. HENRY H., b. July 15, 1886; d. June 10, 1888, Gainesville, Ga..
Child of HENRY PERRY and IDA EVANS is:
vii. HENRY3 PERRY, b. Unknown.
4. ANNIE2 PERRY (CHARLES1) was born December 19, 1858 in Ga., and died January 10, 1935 in Gainesville,
Ga.. She married EMMITT EUGENE DIXON Abt. 1883. He was born November 09, 1846 in Georgia, and died February 1903 in Gainesville,
Children of ANNIE PERRY and EMMITT DIXON are:
6. i. GEORGIA B.3 DIXON, b. February 01, 1884, Gainesville, Ga.; d. March 15, 1966, Gainesville, Ga..
7. ii. ERSKINE E. DIXON, b. October 1885, Gainesville, Ga..
Generation No. 3
5. DOUGLAS STARKE3 PERRY (CHARLES ERSKINE2, CHARLES1) was born September 27, 1890 in Dallas, Tx maybe,
and died May 29, 1944 in Dallas, Tx. He married ESTHER BLACKNALL June 03, 1915 in Aurora, Tx, daughter of M.P. BLACKNALL
and MARTHA MORROW. She died November 10, 1947 in Dallas, Tx.
Children of DOUGLAS PERRY and ESTHER BLACKNALL are:
8. i. DOUGLAS STARKE4 PERRY, JR., b. August 22, 1919, Dallas, Texas; d. November 05, 1998, Dallas, Texas.
9. ii. MARGARET ELIZABETH PERRY, b. April 26, 1916, Anson, Tx.
6. GEORGIA B.3 DIXON (ANNIE2 PERRY, CHARLES1) was born February 01, 1884 in Gainesville, Ga., and died
March 15, 1966 in Gainesville, Ga.. She married JAMES T. DUNLAP. He was born December 25, 1872 in Ga., and died January
02, 1936 in Gainesville, Ga..
Children of GEORGIA DIXON and JAMES DUNLAP are:
i. SAM DUNLAP4 LLL.
ii. ERSKINE DUNLAP.
iii. ANNE DUNLAP.
7. ERSKINE E.3 DIXON (ANNIE2 PERRY, CHARLES1) was born October 1885 in Gainesville, Ga.. She married JOHN
B. RUDOLPH Bef. 1907. He was born Abt. 1875 in Georgia, and died 1929 in Ga..
Children of ERSKINE DIXON and JOHN RUDOLPH are:
i. DIXON4 RUDOLPH, b. Abt. 1907.
ii. JOHN B. RUDOLPH, b. Abt. 1913.
iii. GEORGIA, b. Abt. 1916.
Generation No. 4
8. DOUGLAS STARKE4 PERRY, JR. (DOUGLAS STARKE3, CHARLES ERSKINE2, CHARLES1) was born August 22, 1919 in
Dallas, Texas, and died November 05, 1998 in Dallas, Texas. He married ROSEMARY BETTY HEMMINGSON March 08, 1947 in Dallas,
Texas, daughter of GEORGE HEMMINGSON and ROSE LASTER. She was born August 01, 1925 in Dallas, Tx.
Children of DOUGLAS PERRY and ROSEMARY HEMMINGSON are:
i. BARBARA ANN5 PERRY, b. July 18, 1949, Dallas, Tx; m. DOUGLAS ROBB RALSTON, Dallas, Tx; b. Omaha, Nebraska.
ii. LINDA ROCHELLE PERRY, b. July 21, 1954, Dallas, Tx; m. JOHN CHARLES COOPER, JR., November 27, 1975,
Dallas, Tx; b. August 08, 1953, Albuerqurque, New Mexico.
iii. SUSAN ELIZABETH PERRY, b. May 13, 1956.
9. MARGARET ELIZABETH4 PERRY (DOUGLAS STARKE3, CHARLES ERSKINE2, CHARLES1) was born April 26, 1916 in Anson,
Tx. She married CARTER H. LAMB May 08, 1933 in Chicago, Ill..
Children of MARGARET PERRY and CARTER LAMB are:
i. SUSAN5 VICTORIA, b. November 04, 1945, La Grange, Ill.
ii. MARTHA ELLEN, b. December 28, 1949, Chicago, Ill..
iii. CARTER HERBERT LAMB III, b. January 30, 1934, Chicago, Ill..
iv. DAVID S. LAMB, b. October 19, 1940.
v. ANN ELIZABETH LAMB, b. May 05, 1939.
vi. MARGARET PERRY LAMB.
Contact the author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Designed by Susan Cooper
Descendants of Charles Perry
Generation No. 1
1. CHARLES1 PERRY was born 1783 in England. He married GRACE NELSON Abt. 1816. She was born in London,
Children of CHARLES PERRY and GRACE NELSON are:
2. i. EDWARD2 PERRY, b. March 02, 1817, England; d. April 21, 1896, Ridgeland, Hampton, SC.
ii. CHARLES PERRY, b. Abt. 1819; m. MISS NEW, 1843.
iii. CATHERINE PERRY, b. Abt. 1822; m. MR. STONE, Abt. 1843.
iv. JOSEPH NELSON PERRY, b. Abt. 1823.
v. ELIZA PERRY, b. Abt. 1825; m. UNKNOWN SHARPS, Abt. 1846.
vi. (CHILD) PERRY, b. Abt. 1826.
Generation No. 2
2. EDWARD2 PERRY (CHARLES1) was born March 02, 1817 in England, and died April 21, 1896 in Ridgeland, Hampton,
SC. He married MARY HYRNE JAUDON February 02, 1848 in Beaufort Dist., SC, daughter of ELIAS JAUDON and SARAH CHOVIN. She
was born December 30, 1823 in Beaufort Dist., SC, and died August 17, 1884 in Hampton, SC.
More About EDWARD PERRY:
1.: He settled in Gillisonville, SC.
Emigration: Came to the United States through Canada.
Children of EDWARD PERRY and MARY JAUDON are:
i. SARAH CHOVIN3 PERRY, b. December 21, 1854, Beaufort Dist., SC; d. February 27, 1932, Ridgeland, Jasper
Co., SC; m. JOHN BROOKER MALPHRUS, March 30, 1869, Beaufort Dist., SC.
ii. FRANCES ADELAIDE PERRY, b. January 18, 1864, Beaufort Dist., SC; d. January 15, 1905; m. ALBERT DAVIDSON,
iii. THOMAS JAUDON PERRY, b. September 26, 1857, Beaufort Dist., SC; d. 1857, Beaufort Dist., SC.
iv. JAMES ELIAS PERRY, b. October 07, 1859, Beaufort Dist., SC; d. March 29, 1862, Beaufort Dist., SC.
3. v. SUSAN ELIZABETH PERRY, b. October 27, 1848, Ridgeland, South Carolina; d. September 16, 1902, Ridgeland,
vi. CHARLES EDWARD PERRY, b. January 15, 1862, Beaufort Dist., SC; d. December 17, 1932; m. HENRIETTA MYRICK,
vii. GRACE NELSON PERRY, b. March 12, 1852, Beaufort Dist., SC; d. May 09, 1913; m. HOWELL GILBERT WALL,
viii. JANE CATHERINE PERRY, b. September 23, 1856, Beaufort Dist., SC; d. June 25, 1933, Ridgeland, Jasper
Co., SC; m. JOSEPH JOSHUA MALPHRUS.
ix. EDWARD WILSON PERRY, b. March 25, 1850, Beaufort, SC; d. September 04, 1896.
Generation No. 3
3. SUSAN ELIZABETH3 PERRY (EDWARD2, CHARLES1) was born October 27, 1848 in Ridgeland, South Carolina, and
died September 16, 1902 in Ridgeland, South Carolina. She married JAMES WILLIAM WILSON February 16, 1876 in South Carolina,
son of ALLEN WILSON and ANNIAH GRINER. He was born May 28, 1848 in Effingham Co., GA, and died May 02, 1915 in Ridgeland,
Notes for SUSAN ELIZABETH PERRY:
She was first married to a "Wall".
More About SUSAN ELIZABETH PERRY:
Occupation: Went to teacher's college in Beauford and may have taught in Ridgeland, SC. She taught her son,
More About JAMES WILLIAM WILSON:
Immigration: Came to South Carolina after the Civil War.
Military service: March 04, 1862, He joined Co. L 11th Battalion, Georgia Infantry, Army of Tennessee, C.S.A.
Military service1: Effingham Co., GA, Empire State Guards, He was 13 years old.
Military service2: May 12, 1862, Transferred to Co. L, 47th Regiment of GA, Infantry
Military service3: October 24, 1862, Discharged by Civil authority at Camp Williams, GA. We assume because
of his age.
Children of SUSAN PERRY and JAMES WILSON are:
i. ALLEN HENRY4 WILSON, b. May 27, 1877, Robertsville, S.C., Jasper Co.; d. January 06, 1898.
ii. CHARLES PERRY WILSON, b. June 06, 1878, Egypt, Georgia, Effingham Co.; d. February 29, 1948; m. ANZA
BERNETTA NETTLES, December 18, 1901.
Notes for CHARLES PERRY WILSON:
Line of descent from Granddad's notes.
iii. JAMES WILLIAM WILSON, b. June 14, 1879; d. December 01, 1879.
iv. MINNIE ALBERTA WILSON, b. January 10, 1882, Ridgeland, S.C.; d. May 25, 1882, Ridgeland, S.C..
v. CARIE AMY WILSON, b. August 14, 1883, Ridgeland, S.C.; d. January 12, 1957; m. VANDY P. HALFORD, October
vi. LESTER ARNAULD WILSON, b. April 13, 1887, Ridgeland South Carolina; d. February 16, 1963, Mt. Pleasant
South Carolina-Christ Church; m. MARGARET MIDDLETON WILLIAMS, 1916; b. December 14, 1891, Charleston, South Carolina; d. August
18, 1984, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina- Christ Church.
Notes for LESTER ARNAULD WILSON:
Lester A. Wilson was educated by his mother, Susan Elizabeth Perry, until she died when he was 13 years
old. He left home at that time to work on the railroad, the Southern Atlantic Line. He became a telegrapher and was so good
that he boasted of beating the fastest in the South, a fellow in New Orleans with the Southern Railroad. During this time
he educated himself by reading and studying in this spare time. He was admitted to the Medical College of South Carolina without
any formal education. He became the first Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Medical College of
South Carolina and one of the first physicians in the South to devote his professional career solely to the care of women.
He was founder of the South Carolina Medical Society and founder of the South Carolina OBGYN Society. He was a major in the
5th Field Artillery, 1st Division, medical corps during World War I. He was Cited For Bravery at Soissons and awarded the
Silver Star at the Battle of the Argonne. He was gassed several times. He began his speciality in ObGyn in post graduate work
at Universite de Nancy. The officers had to wait until the dough boys were home before they could be sent back, so the Army
found studies for them in French universities. He married Margaret Middleton Williams of Mt. Pleasant, SC, a nurse, and had
Lester A. Wilson, Jr. before the war. Julian M. Wilson was born after the war. He lived the last part of his life on over
700 acres outside Mt. Pleasant, SC. He called his place "Yaupon". He was a gentle man with a wry wit. An editorial in the
Charleston paper after his death stated that "he was known for his attractive personal qualities". [Wilson.FTW]
More About LESTER ARNAULD WILSON:
Occupation: Medical Doctor, Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Notes for MARGARET MIDDLETON WILLIAMS:
She was a nurse. She had the 'Middleton Temper'.
More About MARGARET MIDDLETON WILLIAMS:
Occupation: She was a nurse.