What can a Liquid Chlorinator do?
Most of the applications that we use the liquid chlorinator system on are for bacteria
control or hydrogen sulfide (sulfur-rotten egg smell). But a liquid chlorinator can also oxidize Iron and Manganese.
Once Iron and Manganese are oxidized they tend to clump together and can be easily removed through depth filtration. Soda
ash can also be injected along with the bleach solution to increase the PH.
How does the Liquid Chlorinator Work?
When the well pump cycles on the liquid chlorinator pump injects a diluted bleach
solution into the water stream. Then the water passes through a device that mixes the diluted bleach with the raw water to
ensure adequate and through mixing. The chlorinated water then sits in the well tank for additional contact time. Finally
the chlorinated water passes through an automatic backwashing activated carbon filter to remove all of the chlorine, iron,
manganese, sediment and bad tastes/odors. The bacteria and sulfur is eliminated on contact with the bleach solution.
What to Avoid with Chlorine Delivery Systems:
- Systems that only use chlorine you can only buy from the people selling the system
- Cartridge systems that use carbon elements that have to be replaced every couple
of months. Replacement elements cost anywhere from $30.00 to $90.00. These cartridge systems are cheaper to install than the
automatically backwashing system we use, but you pay more in the long run.
- Chlorinator systems that have pumps that the user has to prime.
Benefits of the Liquid Chlorinator:
- Removes iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide (Sulfur), iron bacteria and sediment
- Kills bacteria
- Uses household bleach, no expensive hard-to-find chemicals
- Can also inject soda ash to control acidic water
- Activated carbon filter automatically backwashes, no expensive hard-to-find cartridges
- Whole house filtration, not just one faucet
- Removes bad tastes and odors from water
- Bottled water taste at ALL faucets, but at a fraction of the price
- User friendly design and operation
Click here to go back to Our Products