of the TWIN CITY NAVY Chapter
of the DEPARTMENT of MINNESOTA
RESERVE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION
Effective: April 1, 2001
Name of Chapter
1. The name of the Chapter shall be the “Twin City Navy Chapter” of the Reserve Officers Association, Department of Minnesota.
2. The Chapter meetings and functions shall be located at sites known to all participating members.
The objectives of the Chapter are:
In the interests of national defense,
(a) to build and maintain a quality professional association by continuing
its best standards and traditions;
(b) to advance reserve officer education, professional development and accomplishments;
(c) to promote a strong Association by attracting, retaining and responding to membership needs to include young professional reservists and ROTC/NROTC members
(d) to preserve the memory of services rendered by the officer corps throughout the wars in which the United States has been engaged;
(e) to promote communication, the spirit of cooperation and mutual understanding between reserve officers of the State of Minnesota, other arms of the military service, and reserve officers of other countries;
(f) to promote cooperation between the public-and-private sector to provide rapid response to national emergencies
(g) to promote recognition of excellence by recognizing outstanding contributions to the reserve forces.
(h) to promote quality, professionally oriented programs and meetings that engender camaraderie, and facilitates and improves communication between full time military officers and reserve officers.
1. Classification: Membership of classes is prescribed by the Reserve Officers Association, as follows: (a) Individual Member; (b) Officer Candidate Member; and (c) Life Member.
2. Eligibility: An applicant must be a Reserve officer or ROTC/NROTC cadet or midshipman in good standing from the reserve forces of the USA (as defined by ROA) or in retired status of same.
1. The government of the Chapter shall be vested in its Elected Officers.
2. The Elected Officers shall consist of a President, one or more Vice Presidents, a Secretary, and a Treasurer, who shall be elected by the Chapter. They shall hold office for one year or until their successors have been duly elected.
3. At the initiative of the Elected Officers a Board of Directors may be appointed and shall consist of (-0-) members, none of whom shall hold an office outlined in paragraph 2 above. The Directors will hold office for (number)* year(s) after their date of election, or until their successors have been duly appointed.
*Note: Term of office recommended--one or two years, determined by the Chapter.
The Chapter shall hold an annual meeting for the election of officers and other business pertaining to the Chapter. Monthly meetings shall normally be held for the purpose of presentation of Chapter events, activities, and social events. Summer recess from June to September may be taken at the discretion of the Elected Officials.
1. This Constitution may be amended at any regular meeting of the Chapter by an affirmative vote of at least two-thirds of all ballots cast by the members, voting in person, by written proxy, or by letter ballot. Provided that notice of proposed amendment(s) shall have been submitted previously to all members of the Chapter not less than fourteen days prior to the date of meeting. And provided further the amendment(s) is approved by the Reserve Officers Association.
2. Amendments to the Constitution may be suggested by a majority vote
of the Membership or by petition signed by not less than four members or
by not less than ten eligible members. In the case of proposed amendment
signed by ten eligible members, the Elected Officers must approve the proposed
Amendment prior to it being submitted to the Chapter as provided in paragraph
1. above. All proposed amendments shall be put in writing to be considered
by the Elected Officers.
link to: Twin City Navy Chapter By-Laws