Kawasaki KLR 250
(The Website for the KLR Jr.)
STUFF for SALE |
Found a product for your KLR Jr. that others should hear about? Send me the link and share your information!
Be sure to tell 'em where you heard about it.
The KLR250 Information Exchange endorses no product, until their check has cleared.
- BuyKawasaki.com Straight from the source, with
parts diagrams and part numbers.
- Staintune makes long lasting mufflers in stainless steel for the KLR Jr. (Australia)
- FMF best known for their MX pipes, makes a "Q-series" muffler for the KLR. (USA)
- Big Gun makes a complete exhaust system for the KLR250. Drop them a line, or call them at (800) 870-4461. (USA)
- DEP in the UK makes a Muffler/halfpipe; said to be well constructed and quiet. Aluminum I think, part #K1-24250---OSA. The USA
distributor is Johnson MX Racing.
- Cobra muffler and rear halfpipe, two models, might try the "quieter ISDE" one. Cobra has stopped production
of the pipe for the KLR650 (too many structural failures) and it seems that now they have stopped making the KLR250 models as well. (USA)
- Jardine Not on their website, but I have seen a megaphone halfpipe/muffler (similar to the Cobra, but smaller) in steel. (USA)
- Predator Motor Sports in the UK makes a polished stainless steel muffler/halfpipe with a true lifetime warranty (in the "sport"
- Overlander Equipment "can make anything", notably stainless steel exhausts.
No specific listing, but might be a good source for an oversize headpipe if you feel you need the extra flow (Australia).
- Foran Exhaust custom exhaust specialists, no specific KLR listing (down under too).
- BSM Exhaust has several listings for the KLR250, and are EU compliant, which should mean quiet. (Netherlands)
- Yoshimura has made exhausts for the KLR250. Not known for being quiet. (Japan)
- SupperTrapp has made exhausts for the KLR250, and their adjustability is a nice feature. (USA)
- Dirt Bagz now make their well know soft sided (with tubular brackets behind) panniers for
- Devol Racing makes a disc brake rotor cover for the Kawasaki KX125 (as do others) that fits the KLR250.
- SportTour.com has a better left side switchgear with mirror mount if you have damaged
the stock unit.
- BuyKawasaki.com rear luggage rack.
- Dual Star rear luggage rack.
- Ventura rear luggage rack and pack systems, very nice, and they make one for the KLR Jr.
- Utah Sport Cycle has responded to our requests and is making a skid plate with ears for the KLR250.
- IMS 3.2 gallon high capacity fuel tank, a folding tip shift lever, and wider foot
pegs. "Flightline" #283111 I'm told.
- Daystar Products makes fork boots in several colors that fit the KLR250, distributed by Parts Unlimited.
- Motorcycle Seat Works Custon seat cover and/or foam made to order. In the UK.
- Side Strider makes sidecars for the KLR250.
- Progressive Suspension has front and rear
springs and a rear shock.
- Hagon in the UK makes an adjustable and rebuildable rear shock, and progressive fork
springs for the front end.
- Pro Action Suspension has rear springs.
- Works Performance has made replacements for the rear shock.
- Kouba Links Great news for shorter riders! These suspension links can lower the rear of your KLR250 by 2 inches.
- Spiegler Brake Systems makes brake lines, and has a listing for the KLR250.
- HEL Performance UK in the UK has several brake line listings for the KLR250.
- Bonaco, Inc. can copy any brake line.
- UniFilter because you probably need a new air filter (the KLR250 listing
starts with '87, but it fit my '85 just fine).
- K&N Stage 1 Jet Kit (Mojave, same carb) is just the thing to go with your new muffler,
and offers better throttle response and up to 5% HP increase.
- Dynojet Research also has a jet kit for the Mojave.
- Stroker Inc. in CA (760)-948-2871 sells pumper carb kits for the old KLX250/300; let me know what they say about the KLR250.
- Dial-a-Jet If you ride in the mountains this might perfect be for you.
- White Brothers makes a camshaft for the Mojave.
- Web Camshafts makes Hi-performance & racing cams along with valve spring kits and titanium valve
retainers for the Mojave.
- Powroll once made a cam (#12732) for the Mojave. (541) 923-1290
- Four Stroke Tech (814) 842-6159 offers a killer package: 330cc sleeve kit/13:1 piston/cams/37mm carb for the
Mojave. Please, someone get this done to their KLR and let us know what it's like!
- Wiseco makes pistons of various compression ratios for the Mojave if 11:1 is not enough for you.
- Sprocket Specialists has many different size sprockets for the Jr.
Places to get in touch with other owners:
- Yahoo! KLR250 Group Here is the one you have been waiting for!
- KLR650.net has a forum for KLR250s/Super Sherpas.
- DualSportRider.org has a forum for the KLR250; now you have a choice.
- ThumperTalk Bulletin Board has a KLR/KLX category, and lots
of people who might be able to answer your questions (although it is mostly focused on
the KLX300 and KLR650).
- Yahoo! KLR650 Group They welcome KLR250 owners; it even says so!
- Kawasaki KLR650 WebRing These KLR650 sites might
have inspirational modifications that you can adapt to your KLR250.
- DualSport UK Riders Club is a site for all Dualsports in the UK, and
also the first site to post a link to this page. Thanks.
- Trans-America Trail is perhaps the ultimate American adventure.
- Lois on the Loose is proof that you don't need a big bike for big adventure.
- Horizons Unlimited adventure touring tales, and support community.
- BlueRibbon Coalition "Preserving Our Natural Resources FOR The Public Instead Of FROM The Public"
- Central Virginia Motorcycle Riders is a dualsport group with several KLR owners.
- KLR250 Based Flattracker A KLR250 taken to one extreme!
- Cat-Dog kawasaki No idea what this site says, but the headlight looks pretty rugged.
- Raven Shadow A KLR on the road course. If only he had
found The KLR250 Information Exchange, maybe he could have passed the guy!
Report dead links! Send it to Me.
STUFF for SALE |