Interesting projects of the past
I've done a variety of interesting things over the years. The following list is but a small number of them (i.e. the ones for which I had easily html'd descriptions
or neat photos):
- Radar signal analyzer EC105. (photo)200 MHz
instantaneous bandwidth with 25 kHz resolution using multi channel compressive
receiver for 100% intercept. Receiver front end tunes to 18 Ghz using a phase
locked YIG oscillator. Each compressive receiver channel (photo)
processed a 50 Mhz wide section using a SAW dispersive delay line (SAC) with
a common digitally synthesized chirped LO adjusted to current temperature.
- Roger, an autonomous robot (photo) with sonar
obstacle detection and dead reckoning position keeping.
- A 40 foot high
man made tornado with 70+ mph winds. More info at Reel
EFX's home page.
- Artificial Lightning, created by exploding wires
with high voltage, high current pulses.
- A picture of some sparks from my 500 kV Van
de Graaf generator
- Photos from a small Tesla Coil in operation.
- Experimental Web based photo portfolio (uses frames)
- The pneumatic potato cannon
Copyright 1999, Jim Lux / Back to home page / Mail to Jim