Volunteer Activities of James Edward David Cline
- Valley Hot Line, 2 years duty 1975-78: duties of being a trained empathic
"listener" for people who called in needing to talk to someone, needing to
be heard. When appropriate, referrals were supplied to the caller. Pre-training
lasted 10 weeks, and monthly training workshops were also required, on subjects
such as loneliness, drug abuse, marital conflict, human sexuality, etc.
- Meditation Magazine, about 5 years 1985-90: a variety of magazine
publishing duties, including page paste-up, copy proofreading, and interview
transcribing to computer.
- Blood donor, mostly to American Red Cross, 97 pints donated so far,
- Perhaps my space transportation and habitation conceptualizations
and writings published and uploaded to networks can also be considered volunteer
work, as it hopefully is able to provide new energy for the space program;
yet is not compensated... thus perhaps could be considered a volunteer activity.
- Volunteer decorator, Rose Parade floats 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 (mostly
- Volunteer for Los Angeles Natural History Museum, Invertebrate Paleontology:
sectioning fossil coral to prepare thin sections. Also volunteer work for
Marine Biodiversity Prep Center.
Copyright © 1995-2002 James Edward David Cline
I can be contacted through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Page created by James Edward David Cline, last update