Fowler Land
go to the William A. Lyles page | created 6/8/99

This plat shows that in 1859 the land belonging to Coleman Carlisle Fowler, brother of Mary Fowler Lyles, lay next to the land of Joseph Lyles. The Fowlers and Lyleses had apparently occupied these tracts since 1840 or earlier. These lands were situated southwest of Westminster , South Carolina. By 1859, William A. Lyles and Mary Fowler Lyles had moved their family away up to Mountain Rest.