12 Steps to Total and Complete Insanity1. We admitted we were powerless over nothing and we could manage our lives perfectly, and we could manage those of anyone else that would allow it.
2. We came to believe that there was no power greater than ourselves, and the rest of the world was insane.
3. We made a decision to have our loved ones and friends turn their wills and lives over to my care.
4. We made a searching and fearless inventory of everyone we ever knew.
5. We admitted to the whole world at large the exact nature of their wrongs.
6. We were entirely ready to make others straighten up and fly right.
7. We demanded that others either "Shape up or Ship Out!"
8. We made a list of anyone who had harmed us and became willing to go to any lengths to get even with them all.
9. We got direct revenge on such people whenever possible except when to do so would cost us injury or jail time.
10. Continued to take others' inventories and when they were wrong, promptly made them admit it.
11. Sought through nagging and tantrums to improve our relations with those we could not understand, asking only that they do it our way - or else!
12. Having had a total breakdown (physically, emotionally and spiritually) as a result of these steps, we still tried to blame others and to get sympathy and pity in all our affairs.
Are these extravagant steps? We think not! They are being fulfilled among those of us who are still drinking; sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.....IF WE DRINK FOR THEM!