Gabriel Knight III
Blood of The Sacred
Blood of The Damned
32 MB RAM
SVGA high color (16-bit)
4x CD-ROM drive
Windows-Compatible Sound Card
OK....... let's do the following:
Complete and follow the suggestions given in The General Drill
restart your system. Close down any extra programs.
- Place CD1 in your default driver.
- Do not allow the auto start install. exit out of that and go to either Windows explorer and choose to look at the files on the CD, or Go to Start-->
My Computer-->Default CD Drive--> right click--> Explore. (either way will get you there.)
- Next-->Locate "SETUP.EXE" Double Click on this file.
- When asked for the Setup type... Choose "Full"
- GK3 requires at least Direct6.1 and Direct Media in order to run... (now I'm sure that your Direct X is higher than 6.) if it is then choose: NO
- Next we have Registration ... I always choose "later" for this.
- Then Adobe Acrobat will ask to be installed. If you have a version which is later than the one offered choose: NO. If you don't have it choose: YES. (You'll need it to view the Graphic Novel.)
- Next is some Spyware from At&t... choose: NO.
- It will ask to restart you system. Choose YES.
When you system comes back up close down any extra programs. (Just remember to take a look at the icons in the lower right hand side near your "Clock" If there are any icons there, right click on each one and either disable them or choose exit to shut them down.)
- Now your ready.
- Go to Start-->All Programs-->Sierra-->Gabriel Knight III --->Gabriel Knight III icon. Double Click and start the game.
NOTE: Keep in mind, I had no problems with the install or playing this wonderful adventure on my system, but there are as many different configurations a there are gamers who play. I've complied some known and lesser known helpful tips which may be of some use if you are still experiencing problem in getting the game to run:
Unrecognized "Fatal Exception Errors"
- You may want to copy a few more of the .BRN files from the CD to the SIERRA\GK3\DATA folder. They are: DAY123.BRN, DAY1.BRN, DAY23.BRN, DAY2.BRN, and DAY3.BRN. You can find them in the "DATA" folder on the CD.
Improve Performance of Your CDROM
- Its important to make sure that the CD-ROM drive is using 32-bit protected mode drivers. Right Click -->MY COMPUTER--> Advanced--> Performance--> Settings-->Visual Effect Tab-->Make sure that "Adjust for Best Permornce" is checked. You can find out more about this on the General Drill Page under "Virtual Memory".