Case Study #5:
A vertically integrated grower and shipper of flowers and exclusive potted plants, serving a large high-end Supermarket client needed:
- A system that will allow the Supermarket stores to order cut flower and exclusive potted plant items, online 48 hours before delivery. The items are seasonal and change constantly.
- The Supermarket's store buyers need a detailed description and a high quality photo of each item.
- Because the vertically integrated shipper plans all phases of their operation on Excel. We design a secure B-to-B web solution using Excel spread sheet data. The Excel spread sheet data was exported into a secure shopping cart application, that has item descriptions, thumbnail and photos. The buyers in the Supermarket stores use the shopping cart to place the order. When the order is submitted a secure shopping cart emails the orders back to the shipper, and prints a pro-former invoice for the buyer. The shipper imports the orders information directly into Excel for generating the shipping order, to the Sales department for verification and finally to QuickBooks to create the invoice.
- For specialty seasonal items, such as Christmas items, detailed and designed PDF product sheets are produced as point of sale collateral.
- The site was designed to allow regular updates by client's sales department. More complex site changes were provided by us to maintain the quality of the site.