Management Information Systems - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in "Management Information Systems" by
passing DANTES examination SE-551 with a recommended minimum score of 49%
using this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again) try here.
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- One or more of the texts from the Reference Publications section
of the fact sheet, or other suitable textbook.
- You may wish to use the DANTES Series
Management Information Systems Guide. (See "rudman.html" first.)
- Our Bookstore features additional MIS titles,
which may be cheaper and easier to use than the "official" texts.
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Applegate, Lynda M., et. al.
Corporate Information Systems Management: Text and Cases.
5th ed. Homewood, IL: Irwin, 1999.
- Kroenke, David and Richard Hatch.
Management Information Systems. 3rd ed. New York: Mitchell McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- Laudon, Kenneth C., and Jane Price Laudon.
Management Information Systems. 8th. ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2003.
- McLeod, Raymond, Jr. and Schell, George.
Management Information Systems. 9th ed. Englewood
Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2003.
- O'Brien, James A. and Marakas, George.
Management Information Systems. 7th ed. Homewood, IL: Irwin, 2005.
- Zwass, Vladimir.
Foundations of Information Systems. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1997.