Personal Finance - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in "Personal Finance" by
passing DANTES examination SE-550 with a recommended minimum score of 50%
using this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again) try here.
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Garman, E. Thomas and Raymond E. Forgue.
Personal Finance. 5th ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1996.
- Gitman, Lawrence J. and Michael D. Joehnk.
Personal Financial Planning. 10th ed. Mason, OH: South-Western College Publishing, 2004.
- Hallman, G. Victor and Jerry S. Rosenbloom.
Personal Financial Planning. 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc. 2003.
- * Kapoor, Jack, et. al. Personal Finance 7th ed. Homewood, IL: McGraw Hill, 2004
- Lang, Larry R.
Strategy for Personal Finance. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1993.
- Quinn, Jane Bryant.
Making the Most of Your Money. New York: Simon & Schuster, 1997.
- Rosefsky, Robert S.
Personal Finance. 8th ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2001.
- Winger, Bernard J. and Ralph R. Frasca.
Personal Finance: An Integrated Planning Approach. 4th ed. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1998.