Money and Banking - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three (upper level) college semester hours credit in "Money and Banking" by
passing DANTES examination SG-548 or SH-548 with a recommended scaled score of 46 (out of 94)
using this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again) try here.
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- One or more of the texts from the Reference Publications section
of the fact sheet, or other suitable textbook.
- You may wish to use the DANTES Series
Money and Banking Guide. (See "rudman.html" first.)
- Our Bookstore features additional Banking titles,
which may be cheaper and easier to use than the "official" texts.
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Friedman, David H.
Money & Banking. 3rd ed. Washington, DC: American Bankers Association, 2003.
- Kaufman, George G.
The U.S. Financial System: Money, Markets, and Institutions. 6th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1995.
- Kidwell, David S
Financial Institutions. 6th ed. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1997.
- * Mayer, Thomas, and James S. Duesenberry.
Money, Banking, and the Economy. 6th ed. New York: Norton, 1996.
- Miller, Roger LeRoy, and David D. VanHoose.
Modern Money and Banking. 3d ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1992.
- Mishkin, Frederick S.
The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets. 7th ed. New York: Addison Wesley, 2003.
- Ritter, Lawrence S., and William L. Silber.
Principles of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets. 11th ed. New York: Addison Wesley, 2003.