Principles of Supervision - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in "Principles of Supervision" by
passing DANTES examination SE-532 or SF-532 with a recommended minimum score of 54%
using this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again) try here.
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- * Certo, Samuel C. Supervision: Concepts and Skill-Building 4th ed. McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- Frunzi, George L., and Patrick E. Savini.
Supervision: The Art of Management. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, Inc., 1996.
- Hilgert, Raymond L., and Edwin C. Leonard
Supervision: Concepts and Practices of Management. 7th ed. Cincinnati: South-Western Publishing Co., 1997
- Mosley, Donald C., et. al
Management, Leadership in Action 5th ed. New York: Addison Wesley, 1996.
- Plunkett, W. Richard.
Supervision: Diversity and Teams in the Workplace. 8th ed. Boston: Allyn and Bacon, Inc., 1995.
- Rue, Leslie W., and Lloyd L. Byars.
Supervision: Key Link to Productivity. 5th ed. Chicago, IL: Irwin, 1996.
- Steinmetz, Lawrence L., and Ralph H. Todd, Jr.
Supervision: First-Line Management 5th ed. Homewood, IL: Irwin, 1991.
- Travers, Alfred W.
Supervision: Techniques and New Dimensions.2d ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, Inc. 1993.