Personnel / Human Resources Management - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in "Personnel / Human Resources Management" by
passing DANTES examination SF-530 with a recommended minimum score of 58%
using this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again) try here.
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Carrell, Michael R., Frank D. Kuzmits, and Norbert S. Elbert.
Personnel: Management of Human Resources. 3rd ed. Columbus, OH: Charles E. Merrill Publishing Co., 1982.
- Cascio, Wayne F.
Managing Human Resources: Productivity, Quality of Work Life, Profits. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1997.
- * Fisher, Cynthia, et. al. Human Resource Management 5th ed. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2003.
- French, Wendell L.
Human Resource Management: Study Guide Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1986.
- Leap, Terry L.
Personnel/Human Resource Management. 2nd ed. New York: MacMillan, 1992.
- Mathis, Robert L., and John H. Jackson.
Human Resource Management. 8th ed. Anaheim, CA: West Publishing Co., 1996.
- Mondy, R. Wayne, and Robert M. Noe.
Human Resource Management. 7th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998.
- Schuler, Randall J., et. al.
Readings in Personnel and Human Resource Management. 3rd ed. Anaheim, CA: West Publishing Co., 1987.
- Sherman, Arthur H., et. al.
Managing Human Resources. 11th ed. Cincinnati, OH: South-Western Publishing Co., 1997.
- Werther, William B., Jr., and Keith Davis.
Human Resource and Personnel Management. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1995.